36. 'I was Wrong'

EARLY EASTER WISHES TO YOU ALL! Have a blessed day :) ♥

Picture of Luna Prophecy (Virginia Gardner) to the side.

Dedicated to oleeleeo for your amazing comments and votes. They make me SO happy! You're awesome hun, thanks!

A huge shoutout to JyotiSemwal for your amazing support throughout the story. You keep me motivated to write. Thanks hun!

The beautiful cover below was made by yesol- Thanks you!

NOTE: THIS CHAPTER MAY BE CONFUSING, ESPECIALLY IF SOME OF YOU DON'T REMEMBER WHAT WENT ON IN THE EARLIER CHAPTERS

NOTE: THIS CHAPTER MAY BE CONFUSING, ESPECIALLY IF SOME OF YOU DON'T REMEMBER WHAT WENT ON IN THE EARLIER CHAPTERS. SO IF YOU ARE CONFUSED, COMMENT OR PM ME ABOUT WHAT YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND AND I'LL TRY AND CLEAR IT UP :)

This chapter is unedited so kindly excuse the grammatical errors.

_____

Zuerien's POV

Human, stay calm

Kai's voice immediately sounded in my mind as a dozen and one disturbing thoughts came rushing to my mind.

Everyone in the room had gone deathly silent, and I could sense that they were all just as shocked as me. No one dared to utter a word, no one dared to make a sound. I could tell that all their eyes were boring into me, waiting, waiting...

Before me, Cole's face held a tension I had seen many times over the past several years that he had been my Beta. He was preparing himself for what was to come. He was anticipating my freak out.

They all were.

In a split second, all the terrifying memories of my past, flashed before my eyes and I squeezed them shut, trying to keep them from haunting my mind, as they had done my soul, all this time.

14 years.

One night and One betrayal

That was all it had taken for my entire world to come crashing down. That was all it had taken to destroy my life.

They were responsible, those people I trusted more than life itself.

The Shadows

Anger surged through me at the thought of those sick lowlifes. Rage clouded my mind. There was nothing in this world that I hated more than them, nothing I despised more than their kind.

They betrayed us. They destroyed our trust. They were the reason for all the pain and suffering I had gone through.

They were responsible for it all.

They turned even me into a Shadow, a shadow of my former self.

So why?

Why was my Suzzanah interacting with them? Why was she involved in this? Had they found out about her? Were they trying to get to her? Or did she have something to do with them? What the hell was going on?