49. In What felt like Forever

It amuses me that some of you have nicknamed me 'Queen of Cliffhangers'. How many of you agree? *wiggles eyebrows*

Early update! WOOP WOOP! I mean, in my book anyway seeing as I usually update once in like...2 weeks!

IMPORTANT NOTE: The first part of the chapter is IMPORTANT, so even if it's frustrating, DON'T SKIP IT!

Dedicated to ALL MY READERS. I love you guys!

A huge shoutout to Maya250 for all your encouraging votes, comments and amazing support and not to forget, your bio OMG! You're amazing! Thank you!

(QUITE A LARGE PORTION OF THIS CHAPTER IS IN ITALICS. IF ITS DIFFICULT TO READ, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I'LL CHANGE IT BACK TO THE NORMAL FORMAT)

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

Zuerien's POV

Something's wrong...

For the tenth time in the last minute, I rubbed my chest uneasily. I didn't know why but there was a strange heaviness in my chest that was just making it impossible for me to concentrate on anything else but that.

As I sat opposite to Cole looking through the important documents that had just come in from the Central Library, I couldn't help but feel distracted. We had both just come out of a secluded mindlink with the highest authorities of the Central library and the matters we were currently sorting were important, but I couldn't.

My mind kept wandering to the weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, a sinking feeling.

Something's wrong...

"Alpha?"

I looked up from the document to find Cole frowning at me, "Are you alright?" he asked.

I frowned and nodded before going back to scanning the manuscript in my hand. My eyes scanned numbers, letters and figures on the documents, all extremely important information of utmost importance that I, as King, needed to look into, was now in my hands.

And I couldn't concentrate.

Damn

Anxiously, I stood up and walked to the window that overlooked the Game Grounds. Preparations for the beginning of the second round of the Treasure Hunt were almost finished.

Marco had gone into the woods to re-inspect the mazes, two of them in particular- The one for Intercession, and the one for...Neutrals.

For my Suzzanah...

I had mind-linked her about 15 minutes ago, just before I had entered into a secluded mindlink with the high officials of the library regarding an important matter. Being in a 'secluded mindlink' meant that nobody else could contact us via mindlink until the secluded mindlink had come to an end.

When I had ended the mindlink, I had immediately checked my phone for any calls or messages from her, Rino or Prophecy, but I had none.

I frowned, Is she still waiting at the restaurant with Megan for Rino and Prophecy to arrive?!

That uneasy feeling in my chest returned and I exhaled a ragged breath, rubbing the somewhat sore area.

Something was definitely wrong...