46. Shadow Charades

The phenomenal cover on the side was made by Anika_17899. Thank you!

Dedicated to Ezramadhu. Love you sooo much! You're the best!

A huge shoutout to fairytailfan33 for having supported this story from the very beginning. I really appreciate it!

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

(This scene starts right after Suzzanah leaves the lounge with Talon)

Zuerien's POV (I know, I know. NOT NOWWW, but I'm evil, so :p)

Megan seemed to grow increasingly anxious as she watched Suzzanah leave the room. Her body was suddenly tense, her brow was furrowed and she was chewing on her lip nervously. Her gaze moved frantically between Del and the door almost as though she were ready to run out of here any minute now.

John, who was listening to Del's report on some matter, also seemed to notice Megan's sudden uneasiness. Even though she had seemed to grow relaxed over the course of the dinner, that composure seemed to be disappearing fast, now that Suzzanah was gone.

"Well, now that dinner is over, I think I should get going too", Megan said, hurriedly getting up from her chair.

"Oh no, please, don't leave just yet", John said smiling, making her frown, "There is someone we would like you to meet"

"Who?" she asked.

"She is on her way here as we speak", he told her, "She should be here any minute now"

"Pardon me for asking this Sir, but...why do you want me to meet her again?" she asked.

"Well she is a very important guest of ours you see", he replied, "And she has been complaining incessantly about always being surrounded by us men and not having any female company. She was quite looking forward to some feminine company"

"I'm not very good company, I'm afraid", she replied, "It would probably be better for her to meet Suzzanah instead"

"Yes, we wanted her to meet Suzzanah too", he said, "but unfortunately something came up and Suzzanah had to leave, so that leaves just you"

Megan squirmed uncomfortably, "I'm not...very good with strangers, sir", she said quietly.

She looked extremely reluctant to meet Prophecy and I couldn't help but wonder why.

"Nonsense", John said, "Almost all of us were strangers to you until earlier this evening and you've been perfectly pleasing company. I'm sure Prophecy will love you"

"Prophecy..." she said quietly, "But really, I think I should go"

"Why?" I asked her, making her eyes dart towards me, "Why do you think so, Ms. Houston?"

I knew I was intimidating her, but I couldn't care less. Despite everything, I was still suspicious of her.

She gulped before replying, "I'm uncomfortable", she replied, "I'm very sorry but this is about as much time with strangers as I can bear"

Alpha, Luna Prophecy had entered the building, Del mind-linked both me and John.

We exchanged quick glances before nodding.