34. Digging deeper

Picture of Suzzanah's dress to the side.

THE OFFICIAL TRAILER FOR 'UNCONDITIONALLY' IS UP. THE LINK IS ATTACHED TO THE VERY FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK, THAT IS THE CHAPTER TITLED 'UNCONDITIONALLY'. THE LINK IS ALSO IN MY BIO ^-^

Dedicated to robstenslove for your ever enthusiastic votes, comments and support towards this story. It means the world to me.

A huge shoutout to be_brave20 for your amazing support from the very beginning of this story. Your votes and comments make me very happy!

This chapter is unedited so kindly excuse the grammatical errors.

______

Suzzanah's POV

Sometimes it's unbelievable how someone whom we didn't even know up until a short while ago, now feels like the center of our entire universe. Every breath that we take, seems to be for them. Every beat of our hearts seems be for them. With that one person, everything seems right. Without that one person, nothing seems right!

This must be what it's like...to have a soulmate!

As I stood engulfed in Zuerien's strong arms, with my head against his chest and my arms around his waist, I couldn't think of a single other place I'd rather be, than here, now, in his arms. There was nowhere else I'd rather be, than with him.

From a human's point of view, this attachment I felt really would seem like an unjustified infatuation. After all, I knew next to nothing about him, but if there was one thing I did know, it was this...whatever I would find out about him from here on forward, would only make me want him more. It would only make me appreciate him and cherish him more, and that's what I would do. No matter what, I would try and understand him, and even if I couldn't understand...I would do the one thing I could do...

THE one thing

"Thank you", I whispered against his chest and his arms tightened ever so slightly around me.

"You don't have to thank me", he said softly, stroking my hair, "Neither do you have to worry about not knowing anything about me", he pulled away just enough to be able to see my face, "All you have to do is ask"

"Really?!"

He nodded, "For starters, I don't have a favorite color, but I prefer black to others and I don't have a favorite food either, I can eat anything as long as it isn't inedible"

"You read my mind earlier didn't you?" I asked and he nodded, "I did. Kai is right, it is cozy in there"

"Didn't I tell you to stay out of my head?" I said and he shrugged, "You did"

"Well then?"

"I don't remember agreeing to it"

"Ah!" I gaped at him in irritation before pushing at his chest, "I really need to learn how to block you out"

"Why?" he asked as I walked to my bed and placed the box on it, "Trying to hide some inappropriate thoughts from your mate?"

"Absolutely", I agreed with a shudder.

His eyebrows rose, "Oh? And you're not shy to admit it?"

I cocked my head to the side, "Why would I be? It doesn't mean that those thoughts are about you"

In a flash, Zuerien was in front of me making me stumbled backwards in shock.

I didn't even see him move!