32. 'Before' into 'After'

HEY GUYS!

Picture of Rino Perez (Dylan O'Brien) to the side.

The amazing video featured in this chapter was made by alicesingh31. You're incredible darling! Love you ❤

Dedicated to kdshah for your amazing support towards this story, and because you're a wonderful person. I'm honored to have a reader like you!

This chapter is unedited so kindly excuse the grammatical errors.

______

Suzzanah's POV

I had walked the entire way to the restaurant with Zuerien in deep thought about Karina and everything she had said to me. She had told me not to call on her phone because there was something wrong with it, that she either didn't receive the calls or that they got redirected to some other number.

She had also told me not to mention too much about my workplace or colleagues in my emails to her. And today she told me not to call on any of the company phones either. What was going on??!!

Magnifis Incorporated where my sister was currently employed for her interior design project was a huge multi-billion-dollar organization just like the Royale Industries. Incidentally it was also owned and run by a young CEO, Terrence Magnifis, the same guy who apparently couldn't leave Karina alone.

I remembered how I had accidentally spoken to him on phone once when I had actually called to speak to Karina. He had sounded cold and authoritative, even on the phone. But why had he had Karina's phone?!

Karina had also said that if they found out that she was calling me, she wouldn't be able to call me again. Why? And who were they? Did she mean that Terrence guy? Was he the one who wasn't human? And if he wasn't human...then what was he?

Stay away from the shadows!

What did that even mean???

I needed to talk to Karina again. What kind of organization didn't allow its employees to contact their families?! She had told me that she would be fine, but how was that supposed to reassure me when she couldn't even call me without having to watch her back so that no one found out?! And now she wasn't sure when she'd be able to come visit me. Could it be that they weren't letting her leave? The number of questions just kept piling up and with them, so did my reasons to worry.

Even though I too had encountered people who weren't human, I had been extremely fortunate because they were all wonderful people. Not just that, one of them was my soulmate! I was safe, happy and looked after. But could the same be said for my sister? How would I know?

Those were the thoughts that plagued my mind as I walked towards the lounge after Zuerien told me to go on ahead. At the reception, I told them my name and one of the men there immediately escorted me towards the VIP lounge. Once we neared the lounge, he took his leave and I walked into the posh, richly furnished, luxurious looking room.

As I entered, I immediately found Alpha Penson and Alpha Marco seated on large sofas talking to each other. Both men's gazes immediately zeroed in on me and they smiled brightly. I smiled back but just as I started to near them, I felt my phone vibrating inside my clutch. My eyes immediately went wide.

I stopped abruptly in my footsteps and quickly opened my clutch, fishing out my phone and my heart nearly stopped when I saw the caller ID.

Karina calling...