1. Animals that howl

A/N

Hey, here is chapter 1.

Picture of Suzzanah (Emmy Rossum) to the side, but you can imagine the cast as whomever you like :)

This chapter is unedited, so please excuse the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes if any. Enjoy!

*****

Suzzanah's POV

Standing in front of the humongous 20 story building, with breathtaking architectural designing and tinted glass windows that reflected the light of the hazy cloud covered morning sun, I felt awed at how different life suddenly was, in comparison to how it used to be in the past.

One thing was for sure, I definitely traded up- from being a waitress in a small time diner to being the personal assistant of one of the sector heads of a multi-million dollar company. Life never ceased to amaze me.

I inhaled deeply before bracing myself for whatever this new job had to throw at me and walking in through the large automated glass doors.

As soon as I entered the lavishly furnished, posh looking lobby, a cold gust of air conditioned air hit me and I shivered. My body's threshold for cold was rather low. When everyone else was sitting around me in tank tops and shorts, I was usually busy massaging my arms to conserve body heat even while dressed from top to bottom with no skin showing at all.

I was selected in an overseas interview for the job of personal assistant to the business head of the ROYALE Industries, a multi-million dollar company composed of a long chain of different industries and branches all over the world.

Today was my first day, and to say that I was nervous was an understatement of gargantuan proportions. As I waited for the receptionist to make calls to the people who would be informing me of my duties I recalled my arrival at the staff quarters last night.

***Previous night***

It was raining heavily, and I was drenched from top to bottom because I had not carried an umbrella with me. And although I had always loved the rain, arriving at the accomodation provided for me by the company, panting and shaking like a wet dog was not the kind of first impression I wanted to make, especially because I was to share a room with another fellow colleague.

Thankfully my room mate was not in the room when I arrived and the warden seemed like a nice enough lady who would not judge me based on my appearance, or so I hoped.

After a nice hot bath, I changed into a clean warm pair of pajamas. I wasn't hungry so I decided to skip dinner and snuggled into bed feeling exhausted.

But ofcourse, it had to be one of those times when you were dead tired but you just couldn't sleep, and I found myself staring at the unfamiliar ceiling while listening to the rain fall persistently on the sunshade outside the window.

My room mate, whose name I was told was Carla, hadn't shown up, and I was wondering what could have held her up.

Although I was now used to sleeping alone, I disliked it terribly. When I was younger, I used to sleep with my sister. I really missed her. She was faraway, overseas, working hard at her job and I had to do the same.

Suddenly the sound of the heavy rain started to quiet down. I looked out the window, but it was dark so I couldn't tell if it was still raining or not.

Slowly I slid out of the hard orthopedic bed and walked to the window. The cloudy night sky was starting to clear up and I looked under a street lamp to see that the rain had almost come to stop, and was now nothing more than a light drizzle.