45. Dinner and Delirium

AS ALWAYS, I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!

Picture of Megan Houston (Emma Stone) to the side.

Dedicated to ariasingh for the your amazing support, heartwarming comments and lovely votes. Thank you hon!

A huge shout-out to debbieluvbuks for all your wonderful votes, comments and enthusiasm towards this story. Thank you!

NOTE: THE FIRST PART OF THIS CHAPTER MAY BE CONFUSING. FEEL FREE TO APPROACH ME WITH WHATEVER YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

Suzzanah's POV

"What does this mean?!"

Rino voiced the question that had been in all of our minds. Karina had seen me. She had seen my spirit!

All our heads automatically turned towards Alpha Penson, seeking answers, but for some reason we found him staring at me, with an unreadable expression in his eyes.

"It seems our initial observation", Alpha Penson said, "that Suzzanah is the only person who can see spirits...isn't entirely accurate"

"But I don't understand", I said utterly perplexed, "I was there, like right there beside Karina, for so long! I saw Karina almost fall off the balcony, and I even shouted her name, but she didn't see or hear me then"

"Something must have triggered her abilities all of a sudden", Alpha Penson replied thoughtfully, "And it happened at the exact moment that she decided to make you a call", he looked at me, "It's the same as with your abilities. You don't always see the spirits. You only see them on...special occasions. Maybe this was one such occasion for her"

"I don't have any memory of Karina having seen me in spirit form", I told him, "or of me having said anything to Karina when she saw me. I don't even remember seeing her make a call to my cell phone!"

"The last we spoke of the matter of your Spirit teleporting to Canada", Alpha Penson said, "you told us that the very final thing you remembered from your experience, was Terrence Magnifis telling Karina that she would be joining him on a trip to Dublin, am I right?"

My body went stiff and I gulped.

Uh...no...

I nodded nervously, knowing that I couldn't tell them that I had remembered more after I had woken up. Not right now.

If Zuerien found out that Terrence had been the one behind the blank call I had received a few days ago, or that Terrence had mentioned meeting me very soon to Karina, he would definitely lose it!

Then I will be put on a life-long house arrest and everyone else will probably be dead!

"Did you remember anything else after you woke up?" Alpha Penson asked making me jolt in alarm.

I bit my lip, "Nothing...relevant", I replied.

Everyone exchanged glances, "But you did remember something then?" Mr. Talon asked and I nodded.

"I remember Terrence giving Karina her phone back", I said, "But I don't remember seeing her use it to call me"

At least that was true...