41. Into the Unknown

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!

Dedicated to frasermagoo for all the support and love you have been showing this story. Means a lot to me. Thanks hon!

A huge shout-out to NimishaPokam for all your lovely votes and amazing comments. Its a pleasure to read them. Thanks sweetie!

This chapter is unedited so kindly excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

John Penson's POV

Oh my God!

I couldn't believe what had just happened. Suzzanah's spirit was no longer here. It had left her body. It had disappeared from present time!

My eyes met Zuerien's wide alarmed ones, and for the first time ever in my entire life, I saw deep, raw and unconcealed fear in his eyes. He was terrified!

Terrified at the thought of what had happened to his mate

All around me, everyone wore similar expressions of utter and unparalleled horror, their pale faces and wide eyes not moving from their Luna's lifeless frame.

Marco exhaled shakily, and breathed out, "How?..."

That was the very question that was haunting every single person's mind here.

How...!

Realization washed over me like a cold bucket of water and my eyes widened in disbelief.

It couldn't be!

"Intercession", I breathed out and my head whipped towards the window facing the woods at the rear of the cottage, the one Prophecy had looked towards before teleporting.

Without wasting another second, I dashed towards the back door. The minute I stepped out, my heightened senses kicked in as I searched the surroundings thoroughly.

There was no one there.

HOW?!

As I examined the surroundings, I immediately picked up a faint scent and my eyes zeroed in on a nearby tree. I immediately rushed to it, and although there was no one there, I could still pick up a faint scent of lilac and something that felt slightly off.

And my eyes went wide when I realized what it was.

"Magic!"

My head whipped to the side to find Rino looking baffled.

"Magic", he repeated and I nodded.

Exactly! And there is only one Supernatural species here that can perform magic. Which means...

"Intercession is a witch!" Rino breathed out my very thoughts.

My eyes immediately scanned the surroundings again, but I didn't see or sense any female witches within a radius of 50 meters from Prophecy's cottage. I only sensed two females, and they were both werewolves.

Marco! I mind-linked immediately.

John! What happen-

There's no time to explain, I cut off his frantic question, create a maze around the entire area of the resorts immediately, I told him, and make sure that it is meant especially for witches.

Witches?! He asked sounding utterly confused.

Make it such that no woman, especially a witch, who is within the resort territory can leave here, even by means of magic, I told him.