Face Down

"Hey!! Hey!!!" I felt jabbing at my side and I moved my sore head. I heard a familiar voice... I felt something wash over me and I started choking on the salty water. "Hey! Are you ok?"

"Is he dead Bretty?" I heard a girl yell from a few feet away. Her voice seemed so small.

Where was I?

Why were my pants wet?

Why couldn't I see?

I moved my body and I could hear every bone in my body start to crack; I stopped which hurt more than moving...

Am I broken?

I don't feel like I broke anything? I felt another dash of wetness covering me and I heard a splash sound.

"BRETT ARE YOU OK!?"

"Stay over there Tigeress.... Hey dude are you ok?" I heard some more splashing and a hand grabbed my arm "Hey!?"

I move again trying to get rid of his hold making all my bones creak with agony.

"Is he ok?"

"I don't know yet.... He's moving but I don't want to move him if he's hurt.... Are you hurt?"

"No." I mumbled into the white, wet sand which got into my mouth as I spoke. I tried getting up but another wave hit me pushing me back down. I heard another splash sound.

"BRETT!!"

"I'm fine. Please stay right there."

"Leave him be."

"I'm not going to leave him."

"What if there's sharks out there?"

"Then it can bite my sweet country ass."

I turned over onto my back and I pushed the deep layer of sand off of my face. The sand made me feel like I was suffocating.

Where the hell was I?

All that happened came crashing back to me like a wave and I stood up fast making the guy next to me jump back and make a noise.

Janice!!? Where is she!!

"Gosh I thought you were dead for a moment there. Are you ok?"

I ignored him as I tried to figure out where I was...

It looked like an island. Forest, watery, no sign of civilization, yeah sounds like a freaking island in the middle of nowhere.

"Hey.. Hey I know you. Aren't you the guy that was locked out of his room? You said you're name was Rick or something like that?"

I looked at him surprised that's the name he came up with? Usually people confused my name with Hannah, or Hanns, but never a Rick. I tried speaking up but no volume came with the effort.

I turned around as I started spitting up water, and sand.

"That's so gross!!" I heard a girl behind me say.

"Shh Ti."

"It's Hunter." I mumbled before I heaved another rain storm up of water and sand.

"Right... I'm usually really good with names. So sorry that I got your's wrong."

"At least you didn't call me like Heather or Hannah." I laughed trying to break the wave of awkwardness between us.

He laughed slightly and I leaned back up... "Are we the only ones on the island?"

"I'm not sure. My wife and I woke up a little south from here and we walked this way and it was a good thing too because I'm pretty sure you were going to travel more out there in whatever that is." he pointed in the direction of the deep, empty, all so powerful sea. "If you're feeling up to it we can see if there's other survivors."