A Bundle

"What?" I asked.

"I think I'm losing my baby." she told me.

"Why do you say that?"

"Blood and a throbbing pain in my stomach both I had for a few days now."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Hunter you have enough to worry about and me telling you anything won't help change anything. I knew my baby wouldn't survive from the moment I had a feeling I was pregnant. I knew.. This is my own fault so now I'm going to suffer the consequence."

"You should have told me."

"Like I said it wouldn't have changed anything. You have your own problems I don't need you to get worried over mine."

"What if the baby dies Vega?"

"Then it does."

"I think you are in your final trimester you can't just live with a dead baby inside of you. To my knowledge that is not a good thing."

"You're right. But like I said it's MY mess. I know what clean up is going to be like."

"And how do you see clean up?"

"You ever heard of the expression survival of the fittest?"

"Yeah."

"I'm not the fittest."

"So you're just ready to give up. You're just going to leave me here alone?"

"Hunter I'm not saying I'm going to die tonight but just to ready yourself for it."

"Ready myself? How am I going to do that? Why aren't you freaking out about the baby? Or yourself?"

"I told you already Hunter I'm done crying over spilled blood. There is nothing I can do to change anything. So why cry? Why worry? Nothing can change anything no matter how much I want them too." I sat next to her crossing my arms and she leaned her head against my shoulder. I was seriously pissed off at her.. I wasn't exactly sure why I was pissed at her. I didn't know if I was pissed at her for not telling me or the thought of her leaving me because of a miscarriage made me mad.

"I love you, you know that?" I said.

"I always thought my brother was my best friend but I think he was just warming up the spot for you." she grew breathless with every word, she shivered with pain. "I love you too."

"Well good someone loves me." I laughed slightly as I kissed the side of her head.

"Katie loves you too."

"You don't know that."

"Dan taught me a thing or two about love."

"I don't need those details."

"It's not like that. He taught me the signs of it.. How to spot it. She does that thing I did when ever Dan walked past me."

"Yeah and what is that?"

"Follow him."

"Katie never followed me."

"Eyes dumbass. She can't take her eyes off of you. You ever hear that Lady Antebellum song?"

"Yeah. I think everyone on this planet has that's all they play on the radio."

"I think that song is about you two.... And I can't take.." she trailed off and I started laughing. "I might have forgotten the words."

"I don't know how."

"I don't know either."

Our conversation lagged and I felt my eyes become heavy with sleep. Vega's hand tighten around mine as my head dropped to her shoulder.