Visits From An Unwanted Guest

It started about sixteen nights later... It was late and I missed Vega like there was no tomorrow. I missed them all. I was in the waterfall den I just put Daniel down for the night.. He spent the day with me crying. I wished I could get him to be quiet. He was beginning to drive me nuts.

But Brett is right and even Katie.. Maybe he was scared of me.. I mean look at me.. But I didn't want the burn. I didn't ask to look this way.. I didn't want the pain that it has caused me.

"Almighty Father, thank you for your love, grace and mercy. I pray that my discomforts will turn to comforts, my pains to gains, my deprivation to more blessings, my losses to profits, my tears to smiles, my sorrows to pleasures, my illness to wellness, my debts to credits and my dreams to realities. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. I trust, Lord, that this agony and suffering that is only in my head, will come to end." I prayed... I didn't have much more left to give and all I can do in my freetime is pray that my suffering will end and my grief in my heart will heal... I prayed that Daniel Ryan will forever be ok..

I prayed that he will find the good in me as I found in him.

I smiled as I sat with my back up against the rock wall and I was taken into memory. I remembered Vega standing on the beach after I was done taking care of Guthrie one day she was sitting trying to hide the fact that she loved Dan...

"Shut up Hunter." Vega told me.

"L is for the way you love him." I sang to her. "O is for."

"I hate you."

"Shut up. O is for the wa- damn these are hard letters to add things to." I laughed.

"Night Hunter."

"I can rap it.. L.."

"Goodnight Hunter." she waved me off as she walked away. She was grinning and I smiled at her.

I smiled as I remembered thinking she was once so rebellious, and outgoing. She sparked this group like no one ever could do.

How the world will miss such a peacekeeper. I remember her saying how sixteen years old is not a life.. sixteen years is like sixteen small steps. It's nothing...

Time will never matter I will forever miss her.

My eyes felt heavy and I looked over at Daniel to check on him once last time for the night. He looked perfectly fine to me he tired himself out pretty well today. I let my eyes close and I felt an eerie feeling washed over me. I could hear soft giggling. It sounded familiar but I couldn't pinpoint it. I could hear my own voice over the giggles and I shivered. "Um where am I?" my fake me asked. There was no pictures to my dream it was only voices.

"Somewhere." she giggled.

"Where am I?"

"You're safe... Hunter you'll be safe all you have to do is watch your back.. You're with me now."

"Where is that exactly?"

"Please just sit with me... I'm so cold... sit with me please."

"Where are you? Please no more games..."

I gagged as I lost the feeling of air. I began to choke and my lung heaved with effort to breath. It felt like my lungs were twisting and turning in every way I never thought was possible. I opened my eyes, heaving, to see a face in front of mine. Her lips were inches from mine she seemed surprised but she smiled. Her fire engine red hair engulfed me it like she was pulling me in to corrupt me. I pushed her back as I forced my eyes to open wider. My eyes have gotten so weak since the burning.