Screams Left In The Dark

There was a loud spine shivering cry coming from somewhere close but sounding so far away and Shay shot up almost instantly. There was another scream and I got up looking behind me. "Is that Vega?" I asked.

"No.. Stay here Hunter." Shay told me.

"You're not the boss of me you know?"

"I need you to watch Katie for me.."

"That last time I remembered Katie is a grown up she can watch herself and besides Thomas is here and so is Ellfie and Brett." My eyes traveled over the sleeping boys in search of the bigfoot brown hair man and he was nowhere to be found. "Ah where is Brett?"

"Shit." he breathed. "Stay here. Watch her I'm trusting you now..."

"Sh-" I began.

"If worst comes to worst watch your back."

"Shay."

"Shut up Hunter whatever you do don't follow me."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because I'll beat your ass if you do." he ran off in the direction Dan and Vega went forever ago.

I sat next to Katie and I leaned my back against Bob I haven't sat here in ages and honestly it just felt right to be here next to her. Which also kinda made me feel sick because of the way she's been acting towards everyone lately. "So." I said and I grabbed her book that she was reading and I threw it across from us.

"Um hey I was reading that it was finally getting good." she told me.

"What do you think all that screaming was about?"

"Probably just Dan and Vega messing around."

"That didn't sound like messing around."

"They're probably just scaring one another. You know how Dan just loves to mess around with her. You and Shay are just worrying over nothing."

"Maybe but better safe than sorry I'll always say... Hey did you see where Brett went off too?"

"Nope."

"Where do you think Tigeress went?"

"I don't know."

"Do you even care?"

"Sorta.. I really didn't care for her."

"Why not?... she was quietly cool."

"She liked you."

I started laughing but it soon faded as her face told me she was telling the complete honest to God truth. "Why would you care if she did?" I asked.

"I don't care..."

"Liar."

"Think what you want."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"Tigeress a while back said something to me about you having a fantasy and I kinda want to know if you said it."

"Alright what was it?"

"Nevermind it's stupid you probably didn't even say it."

"Now you have to tell me."

"Alright she told me that you wanted me to push you up against a tree and kiss you." she started laughing and all I wanted to do was get up and walk away. Her long burst of laughter felt like a million little daggers in the heart.

She stood up and looked at me. "Of course I didn't say that."

I looked up at her utterly confused.
Why would Tigeress say such a thing then?