Why

I let my hand touch the fire as I help sit Tigeress on the logs that were sitting in the pit where the fire burned brightly. No one cried for her not anymore not even Brett.

We were all cried out.

Too much has happened in the time we have been here.

We have all lost our homes, family and friends, Guthrie and Tigeress. And there comes a point to where you just ask yourself why.

Why are we here?

Why are we crying?

Why do we care?

Just why.

I didn't feel the heat that touched my hand. It didn't hurt. I didn't mind it. Why I didn't care I am not so sure.

Why is my hand still touching the fire?

We placed her just right and I watched as Shay scooted back as a flame decided to dance around. He could feel the heat you could see the specs of sweat fall down from his brow as he moved again as the flame danced.

I watched as the others did the same and when it happened to me I didn't move I froze but I didn't care. Why? I don't know why I didn't move. It just didn't bother me. Why it didn't I don't know.

I move my hand from the fire after placing Tigeress's feet just right. "Remember, Lord, those who have died and have gone before us marked with the sign of faith, especially those for whom we now pray. May these and all who sleep in Christ, find in your presence light, happiness and peace. Through Christ our Lord. Amen." I prayed softly.

"Amen." Dan said softly back and I looked at him surprised that he had heard me. He stood behind me his brown hair messy and I could tell he was sad but not as sad as before when it was Guthrie.

Tigeress was quiet most of the time she kept to herself or to Brett. She stopped talking to us just months after arriving here. Why we never decided to make an effort to talk to her I'll never know.

Do I care?

Not really.

I don't care at all actually.

Why I don't I can't tell you.

I looked down at my hand it was shaking to the point where I could feel the tremors going up my arm. My hand was bleeding. The red blood was glistening in the light of the fire. The burn I knew would become infected and the tissue would scar. I also knew it will cause problems for me later in life. Luckily I don't believe I will have a later so the pain it might cause will never affect me.

I sat down in the sand and I watched as the fire engulfed Tigeress.

The fire almost looked like a disappearing magic trick she was there then she wasn't.

When the wind blew so did the scent of her Dan and Vega both got up quickly and threw up somewhere far. I didn't smell much of anything but everyone else moved at least 20 feet away from the fire. But I just sat.

I watched the fire long after everyone else went to bed I looked up at the moon and I smiled.

Heaven is somewhere up there isn't it?

Somehow that thought brought me more hope.

Gave me something to look forward for.

Just something....

I wish I had right now.

*Now*

The news reported moved the lamp into my face once more and I grabbed it throwing it across the room.

"Um Hey." he told me.