What I Would

"Yes finally!" Katie yelled. "I got it you guys I got it!" we all looked at Katie who was sitting on the dirt ground in front of her were sticks and rocks. I could see a little fire forming in front of her.

"How did you do that?" I asked.

"It took you long enough." Thomas said.

"Oh I'm sorry I don't remember you offering to help."

"Why is she still here? She trapped us in this disgusting place."

"Again with this crap?" I asked. "I'm sick and tired of hearing about this."

"Then take seaweed and put it in your ears."

"Thomas if you don't like what goes on here then go. We really don't need your negativity here."

"Well we don't need someone who sticks up for someone who murdered millions and you seem to forget she even killed your little skank."

I stood up fast grabbing him by his shirt "Shut up."

He kneed me in the stomach and I groaned. "Hey!! Hey!!" Brett grabbed us pushing us apart. "Guys we don't need this we're stuck here together, we're in this together. Katie might have crashed the boat and it sucks but we can't blame her the weather was bad we all knew a big storm was coming. Every good caption always loses one boat in their lifetime so don't feel bad kid. Guys we are all we got for the time being let's just try to get along. Let's lower the testosterone and shimmer."

"You're right." I stuck my hands up in the air letting go of Brett and Thomas's shirt.

"You're so lucky Hunter."

"Shut up and sit down Thomas." Dan told him as he climbed down from a tree. "We already have enough stress let's just be thankful that one of us is smart enough to make a fire through sticks and stones. So shut up, sit down, eat, and let's enjoy each others company... Here you go Katie." he handed her three peaches and she smiled at him.

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

I watched as Thomas went to sit on a rock usually where Katie sleeps every night and she made a loud moaning noise. "What?" he asked.

"You're about to sit on Bob." Dan said as he tossed him something to eat.

"Oh look you're already imagining friends. I wondered who would be the first to lose their marbles."

"The rock dude." Shay said.

"What's with the rock?"

"That's Bob that's her seat get your ass up."

"Why is everyone always taking her side?"

"Just get up." we all yelled at him.

He got up and Katie sat on Bob I smiled at her as I sat next her. "Hey." I told her weakly.

"Hi."

I watched as the others gathered around the fire slowly they were quiet the only thing that made a noise came from the crackling of the fire and the howling in the distance from pigs and birds.

"You know what I would be doing on a normal Wednesday night?" Dan asked. We all stayed quiet it was secretly hitting all of us that we might never go home. "I would be home alone I would probably just be getting home from work. I work for a record store in Wexford Pennsylvania. I would be in my apartment sitting alone in the dark because I don't have enough money to turn my lights and water back on I was on the brink of eviction. The only reason I went on that stupid boat was to see my brother we haven't seen each other since high school. Our parents got divorced when I was 16 he left with dad I stayed with mom.. He paid for my ticket so I don't see the difference between this hell and my house.. But I do kinda miss my job listening to music, hitting on all the women that want nothing to do with me, and falling from ladders.... Either way my life sucks."