Everything Changes

"Hey." I called out to Vega. She sat rubbing her hands in the waterfall that ran in front of her 'house'. She wiped her eyes with her forearm and she sat her hands back into the water. I could still see the stain that Dan left and you could tell just how much that bothered her. "Are you ok?" I asked and she just continued what she was doing. Even when I sat next to her she didn't acknowledge me. "Vega.." she slapped the water and ran her hands through her hair.

"It just won't come off of my hands or my clothing..." she finally told me.

"It will eventually. Maybe it's berry stain and not blood."

"Hunter I think I would know the difference between the two."

"Vega, it will come off. Alright? Just give it some time."

"Hunter its been a month it should have washed off by now. When you cut your hand and you wash it, it comes right off. So why isn't it coming off?"

"I don't know."

"My life sucks."

"It does not."

"Oh really? Should I name you everything that's on my life sucknessy list."

"What happened to the girl that used to say that we may be stuck but we had good company. You used to find it as a blessing in disguise."

"That was before Dan."

"Vega one of these days you have to move on. One of these days you have to let go of your brother and Dan I believe you would feel better." I grabbed her hand and showed her the palms of her hands. "And things like this wouldn't bother you so much."

"You just don't understand."

"I understand.. I understand that this is hard and I was never in your position. I understand that I never saw a loved one die and I hope I never see it I understand you are trying but I also believe you are sick of trying. Vega I miss you smiling and I understand why you don't anymore. You have a future for yourself on this island and your baby just might bring hope to everyone here."

"How?"

"Because if we can keep this baby alive then nothing is stopping us from just living. Vega you might think your future is going to be dark but it's not."

"Hunter what do you honestly think about the baby? I don't want no crap involved. I want your Goddamn honest opinion of it. I already got everyone else's now what is your's?"

"I already told you this could be the start of something great."

"I don't believe you."

"Fine.. When Dan was dying right in front of you and I heard you tell him I felt bad and I was terrified because look where we are. I was disappointed in the both of you because we are stuck on a fucking island where we all lost the idea of rescue since probably day one we never talked about what if we were or what can we be doing to get rescued. We sat down and said alright who is everybody and even that was hard. So bringing a baby in a already lessening group was a disappointment since we can barely take care of ourselves I mean look at you for example you're a fucking mess, Brett is a fucking mess, Katie fucking talks to rocks in the middle of the night and Shay he's been a walking talking fucking mess since the very beginning with the psycho ass girlfriend of his and, then there's me who must always keep you guys in line or the whole fucking balance gets unbalanced and that is whole lot of fucking stress for one person so no I don't and kinda still don't like the idea of a baby since I'm going to be the one who has to make sure it doesn't turn out like Shay because we are on a fucking island in the middle of fucking nowhere so one of us has to fucking make sure it does not turn into a fuckin savage."

Bermuda Triangleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें