For What I Remember

"What!?" I asked Vega laughing.

"I tripped Dan.." she started laughing harder she breathed in trying to catch her breath and she started talking again "I scared him and he would have been able to catch himself if Shay wasn't aroun-" Her voice faded away from my mind as I focused on Dan who started in an army crawl, then the worm, back to an army crawl. He was inches away when he lifted his right arm up and ever so lightly tapped Vega's butt he got up quickly running before she had time to react. She turned around and watched him as he ran as fast as he could almost tripping over Ellfie who was blending in with the tan sand.

"I TOLD YOU I COULD DO IT!!" Dan yelled as he passed Katie and Shay who were sitting around the fire they were laughing so hard that I could see tears falling from their eyes there were so many happy tears I could see them from where I stood many feet away from them.

"Did he just?" Vega asked.

"Yeah he did." I told her laughing.

"Excuse me." she said as she turned around on her heels and she took off her converses throwing them to one side, she dashed after Dan who just sat down. He took one glance at her and he got back up again making a run for it. Shay's face turned red and he started fanning himself making Brett laugh at them all.

Vega and Dan disappeared into the woods and the island became silent. The silence had an eerie feeling to it making me feel uncomfortable as I sat across from Shay and Katie.

"I didn't think he would actually do it!" Shay told Katie out of breath.

"He's a boy and he likes her of course he'll jump on the opportunity to touch her ass." she told him.

"My brother is normally a total chicken when it comes to girls. He doesn't write love letters, he doesn't ask anyone out like he says he does, he doesn't write love songs. Well he did one time for this girl."

"Oh tell me more."

"Her name was Sally Peeper. They were in the 3rd grade together he was so in love with her. So he had our mom pay for guitar lessons and vocal lessons and he made this song it was very well written. It was really sweet, so I took Sally and him out for ice cream then he took his guitar and sang his heart out when he was done she hit him.. He hasn't done anything for girls since.
I don't know if you have seen him trying to pick up girls but he's horrible at it so him touching Vega's butt is a big step for him. I'm very proud of him right now... I could cry."

Dan jumped over his brother and he danced around the fire trying to find a way around so Vega wouldn't catch him. "Guys let's settle down please." I told them. "Remember we have to stay together once it's dark."

"Fine." they groaned and they sat down together laughing and out of breath. I watched as Dan wiped his forearm against his forehead and he pushed Vega over and he lied down in her spot. She ran her fingers through his hair and her face brighten.

"Hey I have a pair of scissors in my suitcase want me to cut your hair?" Vega asked Dan.

"You want to cut my hair?" Dan asked her.

"Yeah if you want me too. You were talking about wishing you had a haircut earlier so i-"

"Could you please!" he yelled at her and she smiled.

"You want me to do it the morning?"

"Could you do it now please. This is killing me pretty please?"

"Yeah." she stood up and she stuck her hand out for him to take and he took it. She helped him up and they both wore the biggest grin.

"Is that offer only for him?" Shay asked her as they walked past him.