The Craze From Within

'And will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.' I kept repeating that same line from the Bible over and over in my head as I tried processing some of things that Vega had told me.

"I honestly wish he told me more and I wish that he was here to tell you himself. He explained it better he told me this a very long time ago I wish you all could have heard the way he said it. I'm sorry if it didn't make sense or it wasn't as if you expected it to be."

"You don't need to apologize Vega." I told her as I looked down at the sand trying to just think. "You all think it's safe to be here with Shay? He covered up a murder. Like who just buries a body?"

"Us we have all buried bodies." Katie said her voice was tinted with undeniable attitude. "Dan has done it, Vega, you, Thomas, Brett, Ellfie, hell even me."

"Did you not hear a word Vega had just said? Shay is trouble he helped Millie."

"Yeah so did Dan and he is like worship around here."

"He is not."

"Then why aren't we all going hell on wheels on Dan?"

"He's dead." Vega said as she looked down at the ground. "He's dead that's why."

"Why did you stay with Dan after he told you about this?" Katie asked.

"Because I love him. And it wasn't like he killed anyone and besides that's was in the past. Hell he told me he has been jail that does even bother me here because I don't judge people for who they used to be all I care about is how they are now. The same rules don't always apply will civilization has gone to hell."

"Then why are you guys so keen on me for loving Shay or Shay this and that. He isn't so bad."

"We wouldn't think that if Millie wasn't here."

"Vega you don't know anything."

"And you do?"

"Yeah."

"Then please share with the group."

"You all can go fuck yourself."

"No cough up your information."

"No I got better things to do."

"Yeah like what?" I spoke loudly and Katie looked at me.

"Like not listening to your guys nonsense."

"You want us to believe he is a good guy then defend him. Until then he just someone here who wants to kill me." I stood up and I smiled slightly. "And you know what I don't like people who want to kill me. We are on an island and Vega already said civilization has gone to hell and well I think it's time we play a little survival game called kill or be killed."

"Calm down Hunter." Thomas said somewhere in the distance but I didn't much care.

I grabbed Katie by her right arm and I pushed her up against the cold as ice rock behind her and her eyes told me everything I needed to know she was scared and she didn't know much to prove that he was innocent of anything. "Why don't you defend him?"

"I don't have too."

"If he is such an angel then go ahead and tell us something that will brighten him up. We are all dying to know what Mr. Sunshine is doing in his free time."

"Let go of me Hunter."

"Nah."

"Hunter." Vega said and I smiled at her.