Answer Me!

"Come on Vega." I said excitedly as I pulled her along. I fixed up most of the garden last night all the vines are now gone and the sections are divided between things I wanted to plant.

"I know I'm not that pregnant but I feel that pregnant." she told me and I laughed slightly. "I'm feeling extra fat today and I would like to sit down for a moment."

"In a minute we are almost there."

"You might have to carry me home Hayes."

"I will if you suck it up and hurry up."

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

"I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Dan and my brother. I hate most surprises.."

"You're going to like this surprise."

"What is it?"

"You'll find out in a moment."

"I sometimes have this strong sense of dislike for you."

"That feeling is mutual."

"I don't know how I'm delightful."

"Yeah when you have a foot in your mouth." She began quiet and I turned to look at her laughing. She stood arms crossed and she had her moody face on. She wasn't amused which made it funnier. "I love you."

"I'm getting that feeling again. Now here up and show me I'm getting tired."

"We are here."

"We are?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Vega right now everything is just dirt just wait till I get the seeds into the ground."

"Are you making a garden?"

"Yes."

"Well you started it nicely."

"I feel a but coming."

"Just one. I would make it larger than what you did everything else looks good." she squatted down touching the soil and she smiled. "You know I use to plant things with my grandmother. We had a garden filled with all sorts of things like orange trees, all kinds of berries, and vegetables. You know what my favorite plant was that we planted?"

"What?" I asked.

"Mint."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Growing up I often didn't feel well.. I had a stomach ache from the moment I woke up till the moment I went to sleep and mint often helped. Grandma often used to cook with it."

"Did your mom ever do anything like that?"

"No.. I spent most of my nights with my grandmother."

"Why?"

"What can I say I used to be a little smart ass."

"Well grandma seems nice."

"She is... or was.."

"Oh sorry to hear."

"She isn't dead Hunter.. I added the was because who know's if we are going to die here."

"Vega we're going to be fine."

"You don't know that."

"Yeah I do."

I don't know that.. But it's a dream of mine to leave. To go home and sleep in my bed and never get up.

"Can I help?"