Clashed

"Guthrie please hand this to Hunter." Vega told him and he handed me a piece of fruit.

"Thanks." I told them.

They both shook their heads and I smiled these two were something else so much alike yet so different. Different with attitude he was quiet and shy no one could get him to talk for more than five minutes without breaks other than Thomas, and of course Vega.
Vega she was something else so rebellious, outgoing, and she got along with absolutely everyone.
They were alike by appearance other than the tattoos that filled Vega's body you could tell that they were twins.

You could also tell they cared deeply for one another they always came and made sure that the other one was doing well and if they have ate or drank anything yet.

I sighed as I started missing Janice she always made sure I ate or drank something.
I felt the pain of her sweet memory wash over me in a panic I missed her more than my words could say.
It pained me more that I had feelings for her and Katie.
How could I love them both?
Do I even love Katie?
Or
Was I just trying to get over the loss of my sweet Janice?

"Hunter did you hear that?" Guthrie asked me as he broke me out of my thoughts and I stared at him, his hair seemed to be standing on end.
I looked up at him knowing every little noise that went on here has gotten to him he was our little scaredy cat of the group.

I looked back down at my apple and I took a bite into it letting the juices flow over my tongue I was sure this was the best apple I have ever tasted in my entire life. "I heard it too." Vega said.

"It's probably just the others getting back from their walk." I told them.

"Uh huh I don't know about that."

"Calm down you two."

"Vega I'm scared."

"It's ok Guthrie... I'll protect you." she gave him a hug and I was knocked off the rock I was sitting on. My face got buried into the sand fast and I tried flipping over but the person pinned me down and sat on my back.

I could hear Vega scream on the top of her lungs.
And I became positive that this wasn't a member of the group.
I managed to flip myself over knocking the person off of me. I rubbed my eyes ridding myself of the sand and I caught glimpse of the fire engine red hair disappearing into the forest.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked as I stood up.

"It was a girl. She looked... she looked crazy." Vega told me as she hugged her brother closer to her, her brother seemed to be on the verge of fainting.

"Are you two ok?"

"Yeah. Are you?"

"I will be." I told them as I sprinted into the place where the girl with the fire engine hair disappeared to. I could tell where she went due to the loud sound of cracking branches.

"HEY! WAIT UP!" I yelled out to her. "Come on Red stop!" I continued to run after her speeding up as I went along. I stopped as I heard the crunching stop and I looked around. The fog that surrounded me seemed to thicken every time I blink. "RED!!! Come on out I won't hurt you!"

Who is this girl?

Where did she go?

"Come on!! You know you can't just jump me and then run!"

I turned around in a circle as I heard a branch crack.

She's trying to surprise me.

This wasn't my idea of a lifetime it was a stupid move of mine to make. What was I thinking when I just ran out on a man hunt in the fog by myself?