The Break Up Bite

I woke up to the sound of screaming it was overwhelming Guthrie and Vega must be fighting again. I turned over hitting my head on a rock. I opened my eyes to find Katie not sleeping next to me we both fall asleep looking at the countless stars last night. I stood up figuring out that the screaming was coming from her. Brett and Dan were the only ones in the clearing I could see. "What's going?" Dan asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"I don't know." I told him.

"Where is everybody?" Brett asked.

I stood up sprinting to where I thought the wails were coming from. "THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!" I heard a girl say and I ran faster slipping and falling over a couple of times from tree branches that I didn't see. I broke out into a clearing the trees leveled and became clear and I was surprised all I have seen these last couples days were fallen trees. Katie was standing there trying to hold back the girl with the long fire engine red hair.

I grabbed her without a second thought I pushed her over making Katie fall with us I sat on top of the girl with the flaming hair and I grabbed her pinning her arms down. "Who are you?" I asked.

She bit down on my wrist I screamed out in agony, she groin kicked me pushing me off of her. My vision blurred and I watched a blurry version of the girl with the fire engine red hair color flee.

I could hear stumbling come up and they fell next to me out of breath. "Wow you run fast." Dan said heaving.

"Hey are you ok? You're bleeding" Brett asked.

"Who the hell was that?" I asked Katie once I could breath again.

"I don't know.." she told me. "I just don't know."

"Who?" Brett and Dan asked.

"She's going to be nothing but trouble." I stood up looking at my wrist. "Ouch."

"Here let me take care of that for you." Katie grabbed my other hand and I started hearing a quiet whooping from Dan and I kicked him playfully in his back and he smiled up at me.

I rolled my eyes as she lead me to the fresh water lake that we found a couple days ago.

Why does everyone think I like her or she likes me? We're just friends. Why can't guys and girls just be friends without anyone thinking they want to sleep together?

"Thanks Hunter."

"What?" I asked.

"You saved me yet again from a crazy person... So thanks."

"You're welcome.. It was nothing I would have done the same for anyone."

"Even Thomas?"

"I guess even Thomas after I let him get bit and scratched for couple of minutes."

She giggled as she sat on a rock close to the water. "Come here." I step closer to her and I sat down in the wet dirt. She stuck my hand into the cold water and she started wiping the blood away from it. I winched in pain whoever that girl was she was a real chomper. "I'm sorry if it hurts.."

"It's ok it doesn't hurt much."

We fell silent the only sound came from the rushing water which echoes in my ears as it crashed into a rock a little ways down. I think there's a waterfall somewhere down the line. "You know you don't have to keep sticking your neck out for me."

"I want to though."

"Why?"

"Because you're nice, you're a girl, and we don't need the continuum fighting.. We are all in this together we all need to get that through our thick skulls." Thomas ran by and I rolled my eyes. "Some more than others."

"Who do you think the girl was?"

"I don't know but she look dirty and crazy..."

"I hope we don't come across her again she was mean she shouldn't have bit you."

She looked at me she had no smile, no frown, no nothing, her face was blank other than the slight flame that seem to be brewing deep into her brown eyes. I watched her eyes looked over me then at my hands that still rests in her. The flame left her eyes and she smiled at me she kissed my cheek and she got up. "Thanks Hunter.. I hope your hand gets better.. Sorry."

She walked away and I'm left with a pain in my hand and a sense of hope and an understanding that in order to survive we have to stick together and work as one not individuals with multiple personality's... We're going to need rules.