Never Have I...

Across the fire I could see the light from the orange flames hitting Shay, Katie, and Thomas's faces and I smiled. Each of them engulfed in the flames screaming till their eardrums popped and their wind pipes broke. They circled around each other trying to drop stop and roll but they would run into each other engulfing each other once again. They couldn't say anything but it was a beautiful sight the way they danced with the crackling fire. It was the most entrainable thing I have ever seen in my life. They were like little chickens running around with their throats slit. Each of them fell over one at a time.

"You know what this is weird let's play a game." Vega announced and I blinked looking across the fire I could see Shay, Katie, and Thomas sitting unhurt.

We sat on the beach as a small group it was eerie how far apart we sat and how we sat. Shay, Katie, and Thomas set across the fire "together" and Vega sat on the side I was on. And then Brett sat face down in the sand muttering to himself he was in his crazy little world he sat where I thought west was. In my eyes good, evil, and crazy.. But this time in my life I don't truly believe in good and evil everyone is changing getting a bit different each day.. Even I'm changing.. and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

"What kind of game?" Shay asked.

"Well I used to play this game with my friends it's called Never Have I Ever."

"I know that game." Katie said.

"Good it's a fun game."

"Don't we need alcohol to play it?" Thomas said.

"While you guys were just sitting here I got up and got water to use instead." she passed a concut out to everyone and I looked at her. "I'll go first... Never have I ever gotten into a car accident."

All of us but her drank.

"Never have I ever gotten lost in a store." Thomas said.

All of us drank but him.

"Really?" I asked.

"No."

"Not even as a child with your mom or something?"

"I never had a mother."

"Everyone has a mother."

"Well I never met her."

"Alright. How about your dad?"

"Never met him."

"Really?"

"Yeah.. I grew up in an orphanage."

"I never knew that."

"I know you didn't because I never told you."

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry Hunter? You didn't leave me abandoned at a gas station when I was a baby."

"I know I didn't but it still sucks."

"It does but that's life. We can't change the past and it's your turn Hunter."

I looked at him and you could almost see the pain that's been there since he was a child. I decided to take my turn knowing it would ease the pain. "Um never have I ever." I paused trying to think of something to say. I suck at games like this. "Never have I ever liked games like this."

Only Thomas drank.

"Alright you suck at this game Hunter... Never have I ever gone swimming and half drowned."

I drank and the others didn't.

"Never have I ever slept with the same man twice." Katie said.