Silent Night

I sat across from Dan as he played my guitar he was killing it I had no idea what he was playing but he was good and it seemed to be catching Vega's attention from where she stood by Katie about a mile away from us.

Dan acknowledge me with a quick nod then he stopped playing "Sorry I should have asked." he handed me the guitar and I shook my head.

"Ah no dude keep playing." I told him and I pushed the guitar back towards him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah.."

"Alright thanks." he started playing again and he hummed along.

Shay turned around almost in tune with the music and Dan looked up at him smiling "I'll meet you downtown Paris. I'll be the boy with the killer shades, jet black tee shirt, and that open jean jacket that you say just drives you insane.." Shay sang.

"I'll meet you by that one place I can't quite pronoun.." Dan sang laughing.

"Oh the hotel?"

"Yeah you know the one."

"It's been too long since we seen each other and I don't know if it's all the french wine I drank before you came or the way your ruby red lips look that just drives me insane."

"But whatever happens tonight I can't be held reliable because you keep pouring me drinks I'm gonna become a little unreliable." Dan sang.

"For whatever happens tonight I can't be held reliable. For every song we sing for every glass we break just put it on my tab.."

"If the credit card comes back waived I'll guess I'll just slam the door in his face.."

The girls crept closer to us they were slow like if Dan and Shay were white tail deers and would scare easy if they moved too fast. They sat in the sand a few feet away from them and they watched as they sang. "So meet me downtown Paris honey in that pink dress with the funny looking hat that just makes no sense. I'll supply the wine you just make sure you get here alright. If you're still drunk from last night I'll be the boy with the killer shades, jet black tee shirt, and that open jean jacket that you say just drives you insane.. And no worries I changed." Shay sang as he sat down next to his brother and they were both smiling we were all smiling just listening to them.

We haven't all really talked to each other since Katie got us talking about the accident and that was over 3 weeks ago so it was nice to have the performance sounds and the nice company after all this time.

"I'll meet you downtown Paris in that place I can't pronoun. You pour the glasses and you keep em coming but if the credit card comes back waived I'll just slam the door in his face something about your red lips makes me, makes me wanna kiss you but since you keep pouring glasses whatever happens tonight I can't be held reliable because I'll become unreliable. So honey for every song we sing and for every glass we break I want us to have this moment that my money can't buy. I want it to just be you and I."

"I want you to wear that dress I bought you the other night and I'll wear that jean jacket that just makes you go insane and.." Shay sang as hit his brother in the arm and Dan smiled and they sang the last portion of the song together.

"I'll meet you downtown Paris in that place I can't quite describe.. "

Dan hit the strings ending the song and both boys started laughing "Oh my Gosh I can't believe you still remember that song." Shay told him.

"How could I not?" Dan asked him.

I watched as the girls shot up clapping and whistling the boys looked at them as they were completely unaware anyone was actually listening. "Dan we wrote that song years ago. Gosh you had to be 16. We wrote it right before I left for Arkansas with dad."