Sorry Space Girl

I sat next to the fire and Dan sat next to me. "Hi." he told me.

No one has really spoke to me in the last 24 hours and I was enjoying the time alone... But it's Dan so his company is better than anyone else's.

"Hello." I said.

"Guthrie's got a cold.."

"Figured I heard him throwing up last night.. Is he ok?"

"Yeah Vega and I finally got him to go to bed.."

"Well that's good."

"Yeah..."

"He's really sick Hunter.. I'm worried." he told me softly and I looked at him he was staring at the sand and I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"I would lie to you but that doesn't help so I'm sorry if this sounds cruel but we're all going to die Dan it's just a matter of time."

"I know but it's bothers me so much. He's only 16 and he never really got a chance to live."

"I know. Trust me I know.. There isn't a time when I'm not thinking about our situation."

"Hunter can I ask you something?"

"Yeah.."

"It's kind of random but like you said this is it for us.. So um do you like Katie?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"Dude you dug up Bob for her, you slept next to her countless time, she comforted you when you lost Janice." I never lost her she's just missing. "My brother ruined your chance didn't he?"

"I didn't even have a chance."

"If she wasn't with Shay would you think you had a chance?"

"No.."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't like her."

"Dude this is it for us live a little..Just steal her anyway from him please."

"Why are you telling me to take your brother's girl?"

"Because I'm mad at him for yesterday I know and Katie knows everybody knows that you didn't mean to push her. We all know she shouldn't have tried to break up the fight last night.. And yeah I would have punched you too for hitting my girl even if it was an accident but there's a difference between a warning protective hit and trying to drown and break someone's legs.. Sorry for my brother's he's an idiot."

"I don't know why you keep apologizing.."

"I don't know I always apologize for the things Shay does... I really thought he was better."

"Better?"

He looked at me surprised and he stood up "Um what? I didn't say better.." his eyes danced around the clearing like if he was searching for someone. "Um I.. I would talk to Katie she told me she isn't holding last night against you." he turned his head to the direction of the dancing Guthrie and he called out for him, then he left.

What did he mean by better?

I stood up and sat right back down my body still hurt from the fight. "Here." Shay told me as he handed me a peach. I looked at him and I could already feel my blood start to boil. "I'm sorry please just take the damn peach." I took it from him and I tossed it into the sand. He rolled his eyes and I crossed my arms I really wasn't in the mood to talk to him. "Can we talk?"

"You can talk doesn't mean I'll talk back."

"You hit my girlfriend."

Girlfriend that doesn't sound right. What did she see in him?

Wait. Why do even I care?

"I didn't mean to hit her.. Once I can stand without falling then I'll apologize to her." I told him.

"No. I don't want you looking at her, talking to her, and my personal favorite I don't want you thinking about her.. You little prick you can't have her I need you to get that through your thick ass skull.. I'm sick and tired of you guys making googly eyes at each other she's with me.. I won.. Just lay off." he got up and stormed away.

Guthrie caught my attention as he sat next to me coughing he looked so sick and my heart sank for him."Hi."

"Hi." I told him.

"I'm hiding from Vega and Dan they won't leave me alone."

"They're just worried about you."

"I know..."

I put my arm around him and we hugged "You'll be ok." I whispered.

"You need to tell her that." he hit me in the shoulder and he got up as Vega noticed him.

"Guthrie!!" she yelled and he bolted.

I looked over at Katie who stood next to Shay laughing and I rolled my eyes. I stood up and I walked up to them it hurt but I couldn't think about that right now.

I grabbed Katie's arm pulling her towards me and Shay gave me a look and she smiled.

I felt like I needed to kiss her and I cursed Tigeress for telling me that stupid fantasy of her's because now that's all I think about. Why can't I think about anything else?

"Can we talk?" I managed to ask her.

"Of course." she told me smiling.

"Alone?"

"What did I just get done telling you?" Shay asked.

"Shay." Katie began.

"No Katie."

"Shut up Shay you're not her father she can do what she damn well pleases.. She doesn't have to answer to you."

"Boys let's not start this again.." we fell quiet and I looked at Shay as he took a step forward then stopped. I don't know if that's in my favor or not. "Shay we'll only be a minute." she grabbed my hand and she lead me slowly to the forest part of the island we walked hand in hand for awhile.

I grabbed ahold of a tree's branch and I groaned as I grabbed at my side she stopped and looked at me. "Are you ok?"

"Fantastic all unicorns and rainbows."

"No you're hurt." she grabbed at my shirt and I slapped her hand away from me.

"I'm fine.."

"Hunter are you sure?"

"I wouldn't lie to you Space Girl." I haven't called her that in quite a while it felt I don't just right. She was my space girl her face light up and I smiled. "Katie I'm really sorry about last night I don't know what came over me and hurting you wasn't an attention of mine. I'm sorry."

"It's ok I know it was an accident I should have listened to Dan when he said just to let you two fight it out. He told me it was an inner man thing I wouldn't understand.. So I'm sorry I got in the way I should have known better."

"I was acting like a total idiot."

"Thomas had that coming he had internet connection and he didn't call for help."

"I know..."

"Katie.." Shay's voice called for her and she looked in his direction and she frowned "I'll see you later."

"Bye Space Girl." I looked up at her just to see that she was already gone. 

Bermuda TriangleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara