The Hornet Nest Didn't Fall Far From The Apple Tree

I walked out of the forest the sun was bright and I was tired to my core I felt like I had to keep watch on everyone. I had to make sure everyone would make it till tomorrow and the next day after that and so on. Everyone has been pretty scattered I haven't seen Dan or Vega since I fell asleep and Katie and Shay have been walking along the beach. She was trying to make him feel better but his frown only deepen.

"Hunter." Vega yelled as she ran up to me. She seemed to be doing better than last night. I don't even have the adjectives to describe what had happened last night. "Have you seen Dan?"

"I thought he was with you." I told her.

"I haven't seen him since last night." she pushed her hair back revealing her ghost white skin and I hugged her. She was surprised at first but she didn't push me away.

"We will find him.. He's probably praying.."

"Yeah. He is my little preacher boy."

"Vega are you feeling ok?"

"Define ok?"

"Ok as in are you ok."

She rolled her eyes and she spoke "I'm ok.. I still don't feel well and I got the chills but I will be ok."

"What happened to you last night?"

"I don't know."

"Did you see anything?"

"Yes white lights and pearly gates."

"Really?"

"No Hunter I didn't see anything."

"Well why not? You believe in God don't you?"

"Of course I do.. I didn't see anything Hunter because I didn't die."

"Vega you stopped breathing for a good 20 minutes."

"Did I really?"

"Yeah.."

"It felt like it was only a minute..."

"You're lucky to be alive we are all happy that you are.."

"Hunter what happened between Dan and Shay last night? Dan wouldn't tell me."

"Dan is just done being screwed around with.."

"I heard Shay say a name last night.. Millie who is that?"

I covered Vega's mouth within an instant and I looked into the direction of Shay he was too far away to hear and I thanked the Lord for that. "Vega don't go asking questions like that. Keep your nose out of other people's business. You got me?" she shook her head yes and I moved my hand away from her mouth.

"I heard Dan and Shay throw that name around late at night and the night before we found Tigeress. Is she dangerous?"

"Yeah.. She bite me a while back and she pushed you off the cliff after Guthrie died."

"Did she come from the boat?"

"I don't know."

"Do the boys know her?"

"I'm guessing. I know about as much as you do.. I'm still piecing the pieces together.. So just keep a look out for yourself and Vega don't tell anyone about Millie not a living or dying or rock like soul you got me. You take that information to your grave.. We have had enough casualties."

"Shouldn't the others know about her if she is dangerous?"

"No.. If she continues attack our kind then we will do it right back to her."