Talking Only Makes It Worse

*NOW*

"Please... please.. Can we stop please?" I asked the newsreported as I sat on the floor. I leaned my head against my knees and I breathed in deeply. "Please... I can't go on."

"What's wrong Hunter?"

"I can't go on."

"Why not?"

"Because of what I had done."

"What did you do?"

"I.. I can't."

"Hunter.. What did you do?"

"I'm a monster."

"You are not Hunter."

"You can't say that. You don't know me."

"The island Hunter is your past life you are not the man that was stuck on that island. You are the man that is here.. Alright? Please calm down."

"They will never forgive me."

"Who?" I looked up at the ceiling and I tried counting the colorful tiles but I lost count as he touched my shoulder. "I'm so sorry about Vega."

I was shocked by his words he was the only one that ever said that to me and meant it. "I... I."

"She died because of hemorrhaging. Didn't she?" I shook my head and he sighed. "I'm sorry."

"We both knew deep down she wouldn't survive childbirth.. You should never have a baby when you are just one too."

"She wasn't a child."

"When I first met her she was sixteen..."

"Yeah but she had to be what eighteen when she had Daniel."

"I don't know... I lost track of time too much when I was there... I didn't sleep much so nights became mornings."

"Why didn't you sleep?"

"I could see all of their deaths.. I could see the man I had became and I saw what I had done..... I saw the disappointment they had as they stood in front of me... They were dead I know they were but they still shed tears."

"Why couldn't you keep your promise?"

"I was way over my head..."

"How so?"

"That voice always eating away at the back of my head..."

"Who's voice?"

"Everyone's."

"As in everyone on the island?"

"Yeah.."

"Do you sleep better now?"

"Define better?"

"Like do you sleep?"

"Yeah and no... I have to drink whole a bottle of NyQuil to get myself asleep."

"A whole bottle?"

"Then I throw it up because if it ain't fruit and water I can't eat it."

"What do you mean?"

"Do I have to spell it out for you?"

"Yes. Please?"

I rolled my eyes as I got up from the floor and I looked out the window. I was on a twenty foot building which belong to MDA News channel. It had almost hundred office and I was on floor seventy five. Way down on the streets you could see all the people looking like bits of colorful ants. The sun was at it highest making it afternoon and I have been here all day but the story was nowhere near finished we still have years and deaths to talk about. I don't know how much more I can take of this.. Talking about them.. and the things I had done... I can't do it. But I like to be a man of my words.. I can't let this be unsaid for them to be forgotten and lost to my own memory.. I can't back down from simple memories. I can't be beaten down from words.. Words always have the simplest effect on people.