Finding Home Sweet New

"Hey Hunter I think we should find a new place to sleep.." Brett said.

"Why?" I asked.

"The water is raising at night..."

"It is?"

"Yeah where I sleep it is and Dan and Shay are starting to feel the water too."

"We can go look for somewhere else where there's less sun..." I stood up from where I was sitting on Katie's rock and I stretched it was early morning everyone else was still asleep. Katie was curled up in a ball close to my feet. In the distance I could see the water washing over Dan's feet.. "Yeah I think that would be a good idea. Do you want to just go look for somewhere now?"

"Yeah."

I looked down at Katie and I wonder if I should wake her to tell her I was leaving. I chose not to do so and I walked over her.

Brett kept his head down and we walked silently looking for somewhere that worked for us. We walked for what seemed like hours when we finally came to a stop the sun was shining brightly and I looked down at my arm that was starting to turn red. "UGh dude are you getting a sunburn?" I asked. He jumped at my words and I looked at him confused he was always so jumpy I wonder why.

"Yeah a little bit on my back since I had my shirt off yesterday."

"It hurts... I could really go for some sun block."

"Yeah." he told me slowly.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah sorry."

"What's wrong?" I grabbed his arm stopping him. "What's bothering you?"

"My daughter."

"You have a daughter?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah she's back home with my aunt.... Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"What if I never see her again?"

"Is your aunt good with your daughter?"

"Yeah.."

"Then if we never get back home she'll be safe."

"Hunter if you make it out of here and not me could you tell her where I am?"

"Brett we are all leaving here together or none of us are.."

"Hunter."

"But if some kind of weird thing happens and it leaves me the last one standing then yes I'll tell them."

"Could you tell her that I love her?"

"Yeah I promise."

"Thank you."

"What's your daughter's name?"

"Isa Snow Eldredge age 10."

"Yeah.. Don't worry."

"Thanks."

I wanted to stay close to the beach. We could be seen hopefully by passing boats if we were on the beach. "What if we-" I looked ahead and I pointed to a location next to the water. "Look there's water, pond there, we can sleep in the grass, and look a rock for Katie."

"It can be Bob number 2."

"Knowing her she will get us to take Bob number 1 with us." I laughed.

"I like this place... Where is a good place to pee though? We need somewhere for the girls and for the guys."

"Um down there." I pointed to a couple of brushes that was down a little hill.