Things That Go Bump In The Night

I haven't moved all night nightmares of seeing them all like they were threatened me. Brett is not much help either he keeps tossing and turning and saying funny things. I'm not mad that he does that it's just annoying. It's been a month since Dan died and it's been hard. I sometimes hear Shay cry on my way home then Katie will talk to him making him feel better. I wish someone other than Ellfie will talk to me. Vega has been hiding out trying to hide the pregnancy bump that should be showing by now.

I made my way to the beach and I sat next to the burning fire. Katie and Shay were already there but more down the beach talking each others ears away.

"Hey." Vega said as she lied a towel on the sand and lied down on top of it she was parading around in her underwear. Dan's blood still stained her hands, stomach, and bra.

"Um where is your clothing?" Shay called out and all she did was turn to her side.

"I'm going to attempt to tan." she told me laughing.

"You're letting your clothing dry aren't you?" I asked. But I knew she only really washed her clothing to try to soak away what was left of the red he had left her with.

"Yup."

"You think it's ok for you to sit out in the sun?"

"Yeah.. my mom always sat outside tanning."

"Ok do you think Dan would like it if Shay found out about the baby this early on during the pregnancy?"

"Well right now it's not so noticeable and I'm not in the mood to be by myself."

"Alright.."

"I'll just make something up like binge eating or something if he asks."

"Vega can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"I have been wondering about what Dan meant when he said tell us everything?"

"It meant tell you guys everything he had a chance to tell me."

"Which was?"

"Stuff."

"Are you going to tell us?"

"If you want me too but we can't say it around Shay."

"How about Katie?"

"She has a big mouth. So it is up to you."

"Hey Vega." Katie said as she sat next to her whipping her blonde hair around.

"Oh hi Katie." Vega told her.

"How are you feeling today?"

"I'm fine. I swear the next person who asks me that I'm going to beat the shit out of them."

"How are you feeling?" I asked laughing and she slabbed the back of my head. "You're so mean."

"She is already getting those pregnancy hormones." Katie laughed. "Did you make it to the cravings yet?"

"Yeah."

"Let me guess pickles or bread or chocolate?"

"I have actually started having cravings months ago."

"Which was?"

"Pink cupcakes with those little sprinkles on top that I used to get at Mrs. MEME Bakery back home."

"Wow that's very specific." I said.

"I would kill for one of those."

"And that's where the hormones come in." Katie laughed.