More Liquor And Heartache

I walked through the heavy green overgrowth just taking in all the smells that the wind blew in my face. In the past few days the wind was getting nothing but stronger. I felt like I have been through this once back home but I couldn't place my finger on what that might have been. I just feel like I have a bad case of deja vu.

I fell over from the wind and I groaned as I felt a small rock go through my hand. "Why are you always the one to interrupt us?" Shay's voice filled my head and I looked up. I had no idea they were sitting here. They sat close together holding hands and her legs sat on top of his all cute and coupley like. Yuck..

"Sorry." I said almost as if it was a question. I felt no sympathy to cover up for interrupting whatever was going on or might have happened.

"You better be sorry." Katie laughed. She was kidding I could tell but it still annoyed me. "What's up bunny?

"Bunny?" Shay and I asked making her laugh.

"Yes!! Shay won't say bunny for me and I love the way he says it. He always adds an accent to it or something."

"I don't care." I told her and she looked as if she sunk into the sand.

"Ok."

"Vega would like to talk to you."

"What about?" Shay asked.

"I was talking to Katie."

"And I asked why."

"It's about stuff."

"Why?" they asked together.

"Girl problems or some shit."

"Oh ok." she got up and Shay knocked the sand off of her butt and she smiled at him. "I'll be back later."

"I want to come." he whined.

"Yeah but you shouldn't have to sit through all that girly stuff. I'll be back before you know it."

"I love you, you know that." he practically whispered the words but she understood and she squatted down leaving him with an everlasting kiss. She smiled at him as she stood back up and waved to him he smiled at her and as soon as she turned her back his smile disappeared.

I walked side by side with Katie she didn't seem to want to talk to me and I didn't really want to make conversation so we walked quietly. And before I knew it we stood in front of the place Vega calls her fortress. Which was just some dirt, rocks, and a waterfall. It felt cool behind the waterfall and it was noisy you could hear no conversation from the outside or the inside probably making it the perfect place for Dan and Vega to hide out from Millie and Shay and whatever truly they wanted to do or talk about would remain in secret within the dooms of the roar of the waterfall.

"If this is about girly stuff why are you here?" Katie asked as she jumped onto a log and she touched my shoulder as it started to move on her she regain her balance and I again kept in pace with her.

"Remember we wanted to have a chat without Shay a while ago before Ellfie had passed?"

"Yeah."

"We are doing that now."

"Why didn't you tell me that before?"

"You didn't ask."

"I remember asking you what did you want."

"I'm not going to say it in front of Shay. That would be an awkward conversation about him. Oh yeah you're not invited to our talk because it's about you and your crazy bitch." she stayed quiet so I looked up at her. "I'm assuming he told you about her."