If I Have To Wait My Whole Entire Life For One Kiss

"I can't Dan I just can't right now." Vega told him as she picked up a peach that her brother left on the ground earlier. Guthrie didn't even take a bite out of it I can't remember a time in which he actually ate something.

"Why can't you?" he asked her.

"I have to be here for my brother.

"And you're here for him."

"He's sick he needs all of my attention."

"When have I taken all of your attention?"

"I don't know... I just really need to be here for him right now."

"Alright I get that.. But-"

"You really don't get it Dan."

"Then explain it to me."

"He's sick he needs my help and you're a boy you can be distracting."

"I have never distracted you before."

"Yeah you hav-..." she paused and he looked at her with a smug smile her face turned bright red and I smiled at them. She cleared her throat and she began again. "You're right you haven't and I want to keep it that way."

"I'm not going to distract you."

"Look you're really sweet, adorable, and you're good to me and to my brother but we're going to die here on this stupid island and my brother might d-.... He might di- he might d-d-d-.."

"I know." he grabbed her pulling her into a hug and she pushed him back.

"No hugging no just no."

"Why can't I give a friend in need a hug now?"

"Because if you hug me I just might kiss you."

I stared at them grinning it seemed like I was watching daytime tv or one of Janice's stupid soap operas it was great.
Dan threw a warning glance at me and I pretended like I was tuning my guitar that I had on my lap and that I wasn't listening to them. When he looked back at Vega I looked back up at them and smiled.
This is great.

"Because you know kissing me would be a bad thing."

"It wouldn't but."

"No I got it loud and clear.. I get this all the time."

"I just don't want a relationship it's nothing against you."

"No.. no it's ok don't worry about it."

"Dan."

"You don't like me and that's fine no it's great actually."

"I never said that I didn't like you."

"Really? Because I'm pretty sure you're making that very clear to me."

"Dan I do like you."

"Then what is your problem with me?"

"I don't have a problem with you I just need to be here for my brother."

"You can still be there for him I'm not stopping you... Look Vega.. I-"

"How do you even like me? You have only known me for just a couple of months." she interrupted him and he rolled his eyes.

"Kiss her already!!!" Thomas and I yelled and Dan's face turned bright red and he looked down at the sand.

"Don't you guys have something to do?!" Vega yelled at us.

"Nope.." we both told her and she groaned.