Something Is Coming

The day started off surprisingly chilly I was cold but I felt the sweet smelling sweat slide down my face. I was simply sitting nothing more. No movement came from Brett who lied a few feet away from my feet. Tonight he was surprisingly still I would have thought he was dead if I couldn't see his side raising and falling through the blanket I had sat on him just a few short hours ago. He seemed peaceful for once he didn't bite his fingers, didn't pull his hair, and he certainly didn't mumbled to himself.

Tonight was the night where I couldn't sleep I was tired but I didn't seem to feel it. I haven't sleep in a week. I try night after night but every time I try I either see Guthrie lying broken in the sand and his blood covering a light layer of blood on my shoes. Sometimes I see Tigeress and all the bugs chewing away at her insides.. Sometimes it's Ellfie the man who was the father we all adopted as our own. He called us dumbass to show us that he loved us and that he cared he even stopped just to toss a coconut around. He was the man who died in his sleep with the smell of death threatening his existence. Most nights I see Dan falling from a cliff and land right before Vega's feet. I hear her scream like it was happening again. Like it was the present sometimes I confuse myself wondering what is reality and what is my mind forcing me to see. Forcing me to relive these horrid memories. When morning comes I see through my sweaty eyes and realize that all of that was in the past. When morning comes I must always force myself to walk about but no too far to scare Brett awake and start him off. I let him wake up on his own and he is just plain Brett for a short while and once he steps foot onto the sand at the beach he once again turns into the childlike man creature. I sometimes wonder if he will ever be ok.

I'm sane enough to know he won't but the dreamer in me believes that we all will be ok. But then the rationalist tells me that we are all going to die. And I believe it.

I don't believe we will go home. I don't believe I'll live to see another day. And when I do live to see tomorrow I'm surprised and I thank God. Because living here is a miracle in itself.

It was nighttime and I usually don't walk around till sunrise but the wind kept blowing my long hair forward which I didn't like very much because it also blew the sweat right off my head landing in my lap making it look like I had pissed myself. Which lead me to be cold in other places I didn't want to be. I finally grew restless of just sitting and I stood and started walking I didn't know where I was heading too. All I know is I walked in the opposite direction of where Brett slept. He didn't need to become restless and or sad. He had enough of that.

My pace was fast but it felt slow. I found myself on the beach the water had made sure to raise all the way to the trees roots which did not seem to be right. Something about this seem very wrong to me. Maybe it was just because I never saw the ocean come to shore. Maybe it was because water and I didn't get along. Maybe the fear of drowning ran deeper through my veins then I thought it did. Whatever I might have told myself still made me uneasy. The winds felt stronger out of the trees as I stepped foot into the water. The water made me shiver it has always been cold but something about it made it feel colder. Again something told me this was not right. I stepped backwards as I saw a wave rise in the distance and I just watched it knowing it didn't matter how far I ran it will eventually catch up to me.

So I let it take me whole.

I saw nothing but darkness for what felt like hours. I had a pain go through my back and I shivered. "YO HUNTER!" Brett yelled and I felt his hands grab my tee shirt jerking me to the side. "Hunter!!" he yelled again. I blinked letting the water slide down my cheeks like if I was crying. "Are you ok?" he asked.