6 // "I will write you up"

"Baekhyun," I said when I opened the door. I looked around in the empty hall. "What are you doing?" I pulled him inside my dorm and closed the door behind me. I didn't need Kai in my business.

"You know everyone hates you, right? And there's no reason we should trust you, but something inside tells me I should trust you."

My heart was racing. This was different. "Okay," I said.

Baekhyun blinked, rolling his eyes. "Okay, you're not talkative tonight. Chanyeol told me I'm your bias."

"Oh..." I said. "Yeah. That." I didn't know where to go with that. Especially when it wasn't the truth.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. "So...why am I your bias?"

Shit. I couldn't just tell him that he wasn't actually my bias, because then I'd have to explain what happened that made me lie that Baekhyun was my bias. And Kai was a good guy...just not to me. "Because...I think you're extremely talented. You get really into the music..." Man, I was making it so obvious that he wasn't my bias.

Baekhyun nodded. "I'm not dating Taeyeon anymore, you know. We're just waiting to release it to the public."

My eyes widened. Why was he telling me this? "Baekhyun...I can't have biases in here, okay? Stay humble and keep this to yourself. I'm trying to hide the fact that I was a fan. But because I'm a fan...it means I really care about you guys and I'll do whatever I have to do-"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Like I haven't heard that before." He walked toward the door and walked out, not even bothering to shut the door behind me. As I walked over to shut the door, Kai walked in, closing the door behind him and pushing me up against the wall. "Xiumin already hates you, but he'll hate you even more when he find out you're sleeping with every guy in Exo."

Why did he keep having to show up all the time? "Kai...what do you want from me?" 

"I want to make sure you're doing your job well. By that I mean...you're not going to let SM kill us. Or let us lose another member."

"Why would you lose another member?" I asked.

Kai glared at me. "We never thought Kris or Luhan would leave until they did. It could happen again. But it won't."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'll help you with Xiumin if you make our lives easier. If you screw up, I tell Xiumin everything. And everything won't be the truth. I promise you - I'm not afraid to lie to him."

I nodded. "Okay."

Kai smiled. "Good. Glad we're a team." He backed away from me and walked out of my dorm, closing the door behind him.

Then I felt like I could breathe again.

I sat alone at breakfast at the cafeteria, and was just eating and checking social media when Tao came up and sat by me. "I heard doors closing last night," he said.

"Oh," I said, setting my phone down to acknowledge him.

Tao was looking at me. "If you want to talk to someone here, you can talk to me. Seriously."

"Why?" I asked. He was Exo-M. This wasn't supposed to happen. 

Tao leaned in, glancing around to check around him. "To be honest? I think if you become friends with us it will be harder for you to see us overworked and mistreated. Then you could do something about it. The way the others are treating you, you could end up resenting them. They're just hurt. And gosh, I'm hurt too. But I think you have a heart."