65 // "Let me talk"

Xiumin came over to where we were sitting, and I immediately stood up and ran to him, throwing my arms around his neck and kissing him. "You -"

"I know," he said. "I had to keep it a surprise."

"And you're okay?"

"I'm okay." He smiled. "I wouldn't do anything so threatening at this point in my life." He stopped talking, and his eyes looked watery. "I'm going to be a father. And I'm your husband."

I hugged him again. 

"I have someone you need to meet," Xiumin said, wrapping his arm around my waist and walking me over to where EXO was sitting. 

"I get to finally meet-"

"Yes." EXO collectively stood up and politely bowed when I came over, but then they all took turns giving me hugs. Quick hugs, because Xiumin was watching. He walked me over to the end of the row to Kris, Luhan, and Tao. "Kris, this is my wife, Amy."

Kris smiled. "I've heard so many good things about you. I'm so glad I got to finally meet you."

Luhan also gave me a hug. "Congratulations."

"Congratulations?" Kai asked, who was standing near. He had been watching what was going on with us. "What do you mean, congratulations?"

I looked at Xiumin. "You haven't told them?"

"I just told Luhan. Oops-"

"Told us what?" Kai demanded. 

Xiumin wrapped his arm around my waist. "Okay, everyone. We have an announcement - Amy and I are pregnant."

"What?!" They all exclaimed, and then all congratulated us. Chanyeol came over to me, and gave me a hug. "I'm so happy for you two."

"How are you?" I asked, suddenly remembering all his health issues from a while back. "Are you well?"

Chanyeol nodded. "SM has been focusing a lot more on NCT the past couple of years. We've had a lot more time to relax and it doesn't seem so abusive. I've gotten a lot better."

"I'm so glad," I said. 

Tao walked over to me, and gave me a quick hug as well. "I didn't leave on the best terms -"

"Tao, it's okay. It's been years-" 

"No, let me talk," Tao said. "I was hurt and felt abused and I was tired....so tired. I was tired of being in the band, tired of SM, tired of everything. We made things to hard on you when you started your job at SM Entertainment, blaming past managers for Kris and Luhan leaving. Which was true. I shouldn't have let this much time pass for me to tell you this. I did not leave because of you. You were the best manager EXO has ever had and I'm so grateful for you."

"Tao.. you didn't have to say that," I said. 

"Yes, I did."

I smiled. "Thank you so much."

"Thank you so much for tonight," I said when Xiumin and I got back into the hotel. "I'm thanking you as a fan, and your wife."

He smiled. "I didn't realize how much it would really mean for the fans for us all to be back together one last time. I know that sometimes we all get so caught up in our own lives, in our own careers. You know Kai is engaged to Krystal, right? He was just being modest and didn't want to take the spotlight from us."

"Oh my gosh, that's so wonderful for him," I said. "Are any of the other members..?"

"Nope. Well, who knows about Baekhyun. Sometimes he's dating Taeyeon, sometimes he's not. We never know anymore." He smiled. "Everyone's too busy. Chanyeol's had a couple of women in the past couple of years, but the poor guy. His fans are awful sometimes. He always has to apologize for things that he doesn't need to apologize for."

I laid down in bed, and Xiumin laid down beside me, pulling me close to him. "We've come so far, you know? Remember when we started dating, and Kim J threatened you?"

"Remember when you hated me?" I asked, still smiling.

"I did not ever hate you."

"Yes, you did."

"Okay, I did. But just at the beginning."

I laughed. "Remember when you and Kai collectively tried getting me fired? And then when you seriously liked me, I couldn't trust you?"

"Oh man. Yes, I remember. And you sang that song...and I didn't even realize you could sing. By the way, you should sing more."

I rolled my eyes, not that he could see. "Hey, I'm not the one who was in a kpop band."

"What do you think our children will be like?"

I smiled. "Well, I think they'll have your eyes."

"My eyes? Hm, well, I think if we have a son, he'll end up taller than me."

"Why's that?"

"Because I was supposed to be taller. My father is taller than me. And your family is tall."

"I'm not tall."

"That doesn't matter."

"You really want a son, don't you?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Will we bring them up with music?" 

"Of course," he said. "But let's not tell them about me being in a kpop band. I don't know what we'll do if they want to audition. Or if they get in!"

"Let's just deal with it as we go," I said. "Maybe they won't ask. Maybe they won't even know kpop is a thing, growing up in Missouri."

"Let's hope."