49 // "So basically you're choosing EXO over us?"

I woke up to my phone vibrating in my back pocket. Xiumin stirred as I moved to answer it. I wasn't fast enough, and saw that Namjoon had been trying to call me ten times in the last 30 minutes. It was 9:00am. Saturday. Why were they even up? It was the weekend. It was a day off.

I waited for him to call again, which was no more than a minute later. "Hello?" I answered, my voice hoarse.

"Amelia! Are you okay?!"

I exhaled. "I'm sorry I didn't text you. I stayed the night at the hospital. I'm okay."

"Uh, fine. I was really worried about you. We all were. We thought something happened..with Minhyuk..I don't know.."

"Yeah, I'm coming back later, and I'll talk to you all about what's going on. Okay?" I said. I glanced up at Xiumin, who was looking at me, awake.

"Fine. See you later."

We both hung up, and I looked at Xiumin apologetically. "I'm sorry for waking you up."

"It's okay." Xiumin exhaled, and I felt his chest move. "Do you have to go?"

"I can stay a while longer. If you don't mind."

"No, if you don't mind. You can stay as long as you want." Xiumin paused. "I don't mean to sound like a pervert, okay? But I liked sleeping with you."

I blushed, and bit my lip. "I liked sleeping with you too."

"Remember the first time we slept together under the stars? And I was faking sleeping and you tried to look at my abs," Xiumin said, smiling.

"I remember," I said, laughing quietly.

"And remember when we talked about getting married and moving out to America, the Midwest part?" Xiumin asked.

"Yeah," I said, smiling.

"I always think about it. Like when practice was hell, or whenever I felt like I couldn't breathe, I would think about it. Even after I figured we were over forever."

"I never let go," I replied. "I would date you again. I mean, I still thought of that too, even when it seemed impossible."

Xiumin exhaled. I looked at him. Something was wrong.

"I want to quit EXO," he said. "And I don't know how without getting sued. If we're going to have a future together, we don't want to deal with that."

I slowly nodded, shocked that he would even say that. He actually wants to quit EXO? But what about everything he's said before as excuses?

"I'm going to figure it out. I'll make it so we can be together," he said. "But promise me: you will not go back to SM Entertainment. I don't know if they will let you back out as easily as they did."

"Okay," I said quietly.

"Promise me," he said, his voice louder. "I'm serious, Amy. Don't go back there."

I bit my lip, feeling awful for lying. "I promise." I didn't want to lie to Xiumin. I loved him, but I loved EXO and knew I couldn't have them under Minhyuk's management. Especially after his deal with me. I suddenly got up, kissed his cheek, and got out of bed. "I need to go."

"I get out of the hospital today. I'll be staying at my apartment this weekend before I go back to the SM building," Xiumin explained.

I had forgotten he even had an apartment. He was always so busy working with EXO. "So...should I visit you there?"

"Well, it's up to you. You still have your life. Don't put it off for me-"

"Stop it. I'll visit you," I said. "I'll see you later."

When I got back to the Big Hit building, I went right to my office to work on schedules. At least, that is what I reported I was doing.

I put my updated resume together, and attached it in an email to Kim J of SM Entertainment.

Kim J,

I would like to return to SM Entertainment to work as EXO's manager. I have gained more maturity and experience in working at Big Hit and would love to return.

Thank you for your consideration,

Amelia Lawson

It was a long shot, but at least I tried. Please forgive me, I said to Xiumin in my head as I pressed send. Although, if I was rejected, which was very possible, Xiumin would never have to know.

I went on with working on the schedules, reading emails and responding to them, and then I realized I had a reply from Kim J.

My heart was racing as I clicked on his email.

Amelia,

We would love to have you back at SM Entertainment. However, we already have a manager for EXO who just started this week, so I have decided to make you two work as a team. Please come in Monday to work out transferring.

Kim J

Shit.

I finished my work in my office, which took longer than it should have because I was so distracted in thinking on how I would tell Xiumin, and apologize to him. And deal with Minhyuk. How would I get him fired this time? Or would he get me fired?

While I was finishing submitting things, Namjoon walked into my office and sat down. I looked at him. "Yes?"

"You wanted to talk about something?" Namjoon questioned. "This morning. On the phone."

"How are the others doing today?" I asked first. "Are they relaxing for their day off?"

"Yes. And Jimin is eating, so you know. Jan Di might kill him, but he's eating."

I closed my eyes. How could I leave this mess? "Okay," I said, opening my eyes again, after exhaling. "You're the leader, so I won't sugarcoat anything."

"Good," Namjoon said.

"Minhyuk is EXO's new manager. He replaced Shana," I said.

Namjoon's eyes got big. "Shit."

"And..." I ran my hand through my hair. "I thought I did the right thing...Minhyuk convinced Xiumin to get back into EXO by lying, but Minhyuk told me that if I told Xiumin the truth, he would treat EXO worse than he treated you all. I submitted my resume...and they accepted me. I'm going to be working as a team with Minhyuk, and I'm going to do everything I can to help them."

Namjoon didn't look happy. "So basically you're choosing EXO over us?" He asked. "You're leaving us with Jan Di and Shana? Jimin is constantly starving himself, you know that?" He seemed angry. "How can you go back to SM Entertainment? How can you put yourself in such a dangerous place with Minhyuk?!"