51 // "You owe me one year"

On Monday morning, Xiumin met me at the Big Hit building as I was finishing packing up my office and gathering paperwork. We both rode over in a taxi to the SM building together. "While you're waiting for me to get done talking to Kim J, you should find the EXO members and explain to them what's going on. I'll tell them about me after you," Xiumin said.

I nodded. When we reached Kim J's office, I gave Xiumin a hug. "Good luck in there," I said. "Stay strong."

Xiumin hugged back tightly. "I will."

When we let go, I walked away, looking back at Xiumin. He looked at me for a while, before going opening the door and walking into Kim J's office.

The hallways felt so familiar.

I found the practice room, and saw the EXO boys stretching on the floor. "Amelia!" they exclaimed, getting up, and gathering around me.

"Guys, seriously. Get back to what you were doing. But I have some news."

"Better be some good news," Kai said. "It's harder to get rid of a dude manager than a girl manager."

"Why didn't you get rid of Shana sooner?" I questioned, realizing how long she ended up staying.

"Shana is probably one of the least intelligent people I've ever met," Kai explained. "It was infecting. Hell, I wanted nothing to do with her. I couldn't frame her either. She doesn't like Asian guys."

"What?" I asked.

"She said we look like girls sometimes," Kai elaborated. "And she thinks we're all gay. We're not, you know."

I rolled my eyes, trying to disregard the fact that my favorite EXO ship was Kaisoo. "Well, I'm back. I'll be working with Minhyuk for a while."

They all stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

"Wait, what?" Chanyeol asked.

"No you're not," Kai said.

"You're back?" D.O added.

"I heard that news this morning, in fact," Minhyuk said, walking into the practice room. "Everyone, get to stretching. We don't have time for this laziness." He looked at me. "That's all you'll encourage, you know."

My phone vibrated in my pocket as I glared at Minhyuk. I pulled it out and saw a text from Xiumin.

My meeting is over. Meet me in the lounge to talk? Then you can have your meeting with Kim J.

My heart was racing. "I have to go," I said. "See you all later!" I exclaimed, walking out quickly and replying to Xiumin.

On my way.

When I got to the lounge, I saw Xiumin and walked faster to him. "Well?.." I questioned.

He exhaled, then smiled. "I can't figure it out. Kim J let me go."

"What?"

"It's...I just don't get it. I won't even be sued. I can just leave," Xiumin said.

"No catch?"

"No catch," he said. He exhaled, his head going back. "It feels so good to be free. I need to go talk to the members."

"Will they be okay?" I asked. "Because I mean..you're leaving.."

"They know my health condition," was all Xiumin said before he walked away.

I walked to Kim J's office and knocked before walking in. He stood up, greeting me. "It's been a while," Kim J said, as we both sat down. "How was Big Hit?"

"It was good."

"How do you feel about working on a team of managers?" Kim J asked me.

"A team being, Minhyuk and I?"

"Oh, so you've met Minhyuk?"

Shit. I wasn't supposed to know him. "Yes, I just met him a while ago."

"Okay," Kim J said. "Yes - a team consisting of you and Minhyuk."

"I mean, I worked on a team at Big Hit. Not my favorite, but it's tolerable," I spoke very carefully.

"Can you tell me why?" Kim J asked.

I cringed.

"Don't worry about wrong answers. You're already hired. We're just discussing things."

"I just liked being in control of everything. Wait, that sounds bad. Because it's difficult...or challenging for everyone to be on the same page."

"Mm," he said, nodding, and leaning forward. "You know about Xiumin, don't you?"

"Uh.." Wait, where was he going with this?

"Are you two dating?"

I slowly nodded.

"Okay," he said. "So you know he came in here quitting."

"Yes."

"I don't know why you decided to come back here knowing Xiumin was leaving," Kim J acknowledged.

"I want to help the other EXO members," I said, trying to sound confident while feeling so hesitant.

"How long were you planning on staying, anyway?"

Uh oh. "I don't know.."

Kim J had a smile form on his face, which never was a good thing. Not in a time like this. "Xiumin doesn't know this, and he's not going to. I'm not going to let him leave just like that. I'm going to get something out of it." Kim J smirked. "One year."

"What?!"

"You owe me one year."

"Of.."

"Being a manager for EXO. A good manager."

My jaw dropped. A whole year? What did that mean, a good manager? I couldn't even last more than four months here before leaving. I didn't need an entire year to get rid of Minhyuk...and what if I couldn't get rid of him? I would have to deal with him for a year?

"You could always say no," Kim J said, "but then you would have to go get Xiumin and bring him in here so I can tell him that he can't leave EXO without getting sued in violating his contract."

I clenched my fists in my lap. How could he just blackmail me like this? "Fine. I'll do it," I said.

"And if you decide to leave early, violating our deal, Xiumin will be sued for leaving."

I nodded, biting my lip. I was so mad.

"And if you say a word to Xiumin, he will definitely be sued, and you will not find work in this country, I will make sure of it."