45 // "If you're going to hurt anyone hurt me"

I stared at his hand, then back at his face. Nothing changed. He showed no signs of waking up.

"I didn't mean to hurt you," I continued. "I guess....I tried to move on with my life. I was going on dates with Minhyuk, the other manager, but it really wasn't anything serious. And I don't think I could let it be serious..because I couldn't move on from you. I couldn't let go."

I watched him breathe. It was irregular breathing, and with every breath, I seriously wondered if I was going to watch him die. Sometimes it seemed like he struggled to breathe.

The door opened, and Chanyeol and Kai were standing in the doorway. "Hey, we're heading out. You okay staying here?" Kai asked.

I nodded. "Please, everyone, get your sleep. What time is it?"

"Almost midnight."

"Can you do me a favor and call Namjoon on my phone? I left it in the waiting room. They might be worried about me."

Kai's eyebrows pressed together. "Wait, why would they be worried about you?"

"Because...I'm not...there?" I tried. Crap. I had to tell them.

"You've always been a bad liar. What's going on?" Kai demanded.

"Fine," I said, getting up. "I'm not talking about it in front of him." I felt so bad about leaving Xiumin, who was holding my hand back. I mean, who knows if he would do that again? We stepped out into the hallway. "I got someone fired, and he threatened me."

"What?" Kai asked, suddenly fired up. "Wait, how did you get him fired?"

"He almost hit Jungkook, it was on video, I convinced the cameraman to give it to me, and I leaked it. I mean, maybe it's a manager thing, but he's so abusive. Jungkook told me he's hit him before. Anyway, ever since the threat, they've been staying by my side, making sure I'm okay. That's also why I'll just stay here. And text Namjoon myself, I suppose.." I rambled, walking over to the waiting room to get my phone.

"Hey," Chanyeol said, catching up to me and grabbing my wrist. "We'll stay here with you."

"No, you're getting your sleep," I said, my manager voice coming out.

"We'll freaking sleep here," Kai said, his voice raising as he joined us. "We're not leaving you. We'll just hang out in this waiting room while you spend time with Xiumin. We're not going to let anything happen to you."

I looked at Kai, my mouth probably hanging out more than it should have. "Kai...I thought you hated me."

"I did. But that was then. And Shana sucks. Life would be better if you got her fired and took her place," Kai answered.

I grabbed my phone and began to text Jungkook. I glared at Kai. "Not funny. I'm still irritated with you two. You won't sleep well here."

"Xiumin's our friend too," Chanyeol said. "We didn't really want to leave anyway."

I pressed send and put my phone down. "Fine. See you boys in the morning." I walked back into Xiumin's hospital room and went back to my chair, holding his hand again. But he didn't hold mine back.

I hadn't been sleeping long when I heard the door open. I looked up, and saw Minhyuk walking in. "Minhyuk," I said, quietly. "What are you doing here?"

"You thought you could get away?" Minhyuk asked, with a smirk.

"How did you know I was here?"

"The same way they found out you leaked that video," Minhyuk said. "Anyone can track everyone these days." He stepped closer, to the other side of Xiumin's bed. He looked down at Xiumin. "What happened to him?"

"It's not your business."

"He's the guy you cheated on me with, of course it's my business."

"Stop. We weren't exclusive and you know that," I said, my voice shaky.

Minhyuk then got this sick look on his face, and he pulled out a knife from his hoodie pocket. "No..." I said. "No, what are you doing?"

"I told you that you were going to regret getting me fired."

"I swear," I said, standing up. "If you're going to hurt anyone, hurt me. Don't do anything to him. He's dying anyway! Seriously...I will do anything. Just don't do anything to him!" I begged.

"Now, where's the fun in that?" Minhyuk asked, then in a sudden movement, he shoved the knife into Xiumin's chest. His heart rate immediately stopped, flat-lining.

"No!" I screamed. "No! You..." I started sobbing, so hard that it hurt. Minhyuk grabbed the knife back out of Xiumin's chest, and walked over to me. "No-"

He put his arm around me, then dropped his knife, covering my mouth with his free, bloody hand. "Shh, don't cry. Please don't cry. I'm right here."

Why did Minhyuk's voice sound like Xiumin's?

My eyes opened, and I was shaking. A hand was covering my mouth, and someone's arm was around my shoulders. "Shh, don't cry. Please don't cry. I'm right here," Xiumin said, looking at me.

My eyes widened, and I immediately stood up and threw my arms around Xiumin.

"Ow, ow," he said after a few seconds. "You're hurting me." I quickly let go, but he held my wrist. "No, it's okay."

Chanyeol and Kai burst in. "Amelia, are you okay-" They looked at Xiumin, who was sitting up. "Get the doctor," Kai told Chanyeol. He ran off, but Kai looked at me. "Amelia, you were screaming...are you okay?"

I wiped my tears. "It was just a dream. Don't worry." I ran my hand through my hair. "If my phone is off, can someone still track it?"

Kai made a face. "Do you think I know?" He walked over to Xiumin. "Hey, man. Glad you're back."

Xiumin nodded, then looked at me. "I didn't think you would come. And you're seeing me like this...my ugly no makeup face-"

"Shut up, Minseok. You look fine," I said.

Xiumin looked at Kai. "Can you leave us alone for a little bit?"

Kai rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure."

Xiumin waited for the door to close behind Kai to begin talking. "I heard everything you said," Xiumin said, holding my hands in his. "And...I understand. You know...what happened after MAMA. But I heard stuff...Amelia, what are you hiding from me?"

I opened my mouth to speak, not that I knew what I would say or that I was even ready to say it, but Xiumin talked again. "Is whatever you're hiding from me why you had a nightmare? Which, woke me up...so I guess it was a good thing."

I was about to speak again when Doctor Wang came in. "Okay, everyone out. Amelia, it's 9 in the morning. Shouldn't you be someplace? And tell those boys out there to get to practice."

I looked at Xiumin as I was walking out. "I'll tell you later," I said.

"Go home," Xiumin said. "Go on with your life. Visit me tonight."

I nodded slowly. "Okay."