60 // "Maybe we should just break up"

It was the night after another concert. I had never experienced so much fatigue before, from all the traveling and events. But if I was tired and barely didn't do anything, I imagined how the members felt, performing as much as they did.

I was never able to call Xiumin much, and it hurt. Either he was busy or I was busy.

Chanyeol came off stage first, and Minhyuk quickly approached him and started yelling at him. I exhaled, walking over to them. "Hey, leave him alone. He did fine tonight," I said. And he did. I thought he faked not being sick well.

"Stay out of this," Minhyuk said, suddenly pushing me back. I didn't see it coming, and fell backwards. I had extended my arms out behind me to catch me, landing especially hard on my right wrist. I suddenly gasped, not feeling an enormous amount of pain at first.

Chanyeol looked at me, concerned. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, and then the pain began to hit me. My wrist was throbbing, and it was a kind of pain I've never felt before. I could have cried, it hurt so bad.

"Hey, you fake better than these members," Minhyuk said. "Get up. Tonight you're sleeping in my room, or I'm reporting to Kim J that you're sleeping with Kai."

I tried getting up, but as soon as I put pressure on my right wrist, I gasped in pain and held it with my left hand. My vision began fading as I knew I was on my way to fainting.

"What did you do?!" Kai exclaimed, joining us backstage. He pushed Minhyuk back, as if he was ready to fight.

"Stop," I said, not even looking at them. "I'm fine, just give me a minute." My hearing began to fade as well. I had to stay. I would not faint. I tried to focus on breathing, because my initial reaction to pain is to hold my breath. But I then blacked out completely and dropped completely to the floor.

I opened my eyes and I was in the back of an ambulance. I flinched, looking around for Minhyuk.

"Hey, it's just us and the paramedics," Kai said to me. "We're on our way to the ER."

"I'm okay," I said.

"No you're not. You fainted. Chanyeol said he saw the whole thing."

"Don't tell Minseok. Please," I begged.

Kai looked away.

When we got to the ER, I quickly got moved to a room and I waited alone for the doctor. "So, tell me what happened."

"Um," I thought. "I fell backwards and landed on my right wrist weird and I fainted from the pain."

"Uh huh," he said, checking out my wrist. He was poking around and stuff, and it hurt so much that I gasped.

After the X-Ray's, I was told that I had broken my wrist. Kai came in when I was waiting for the doctor to come in to put my arm in a cast. I looked at him, narrowing my eyes. "Do you know how late it is?" I asked. "You should be sleeping."

"It doesn't matter. Everyone else is back and sleeping. I'm just one person."

I looked up, shaking my head. "I wish you would get more sleep. It's not good for you."

"Stop worrying about me. Worry about yourself. You've been our manager for a month and you already have a broken bone." He sat down beside me. "We can do our best to get Minhyuk fired for this, but if he doesn't.."

"What?" I asked.

"If he doesn't, we should look into getting you to quit."

I turned to him, my mouth open in shock. "How can you say that? I'm not going to quit and have Xiumin forced to come back. You know he will if they tell him to."

"Amelia, I'm worried about you. You have eleven months to go. Who knows what Minhyuk is going to do to you...and obviously, I nor the others can always protect you. Just like you can't always protect us."

"Don't you get it?" I asked. "I'm trying to protect Xiumin."

"We're going back to Seoul next weekend. We're going to talk to Kim J about this," Kim J said.

I exhaled in disgust at Kai, and then I was interrupted by Kai's phone ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at me. "Xiumin is face timing me."

"Don't answer!" I exclaimed.

Kai answered. "Hey Xiumin. What's up?"

"I've been trying to call Amy, but she won't answer. What's going on?"

"I'm with her right now, do you want to talk to her?" Kai asked, then looked at me and smirked.

I glared at Kai as I took his phone to talk to Xiumin. "Hey, Minseok," I said. I smiled, looking at him. "You changed your hair."

"Yeah? Do you like it?"

"Yeah. I love it when it's off of your forehead. It looks really..hot." I looked away, blushing.

Xiumin smiled too. "So what's up? Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"I don't have my phone on me right now," I explained briefly.

Xiumin looked at me. I didn't know if the connection was weird or something and he didn't get what I had said. "Amy, where are you?"

The door to my room opened and the doctor came in. "Okay, let's get a cast on this wrist!"

"What?!" Xiumin exclaimed. He looked livid. I have never seen him like this. "You're at the hospital?!"

"Minseok, please, it's not a big deal. I just fell and landed on my wrist wrong."

"How did you fall?"

I noticed Xiumin's background was moving. He must have been pacing.

"How did you fall?!" Xiumin asked, his voice raised even more.

"What do you mean, how did I fall? I can be clumsy-"

"Okay, you know what? If that's how our relationship is going to be, then maybe we should just break up-"

"Minseok," I said, trying to be calm so he would be calm. "I need you to sit down."

"How did you know-"

"Sit down," I said. I waited until Xiumin sat down, and I noticed Kai slip out of the room. My heart began to race. Kai didn't want to be around for Xiumin to hear what happened. "I was pushed."

"Who pushed you?!"

"Minhyuk."

"Amy?!" He stood up again. "Are you okay??"

"I'm fine. It's just a break."

"Just a break?! You're in the hospital, and I'm not there for you! You were there for me.." He then stopped himself. "Wait. Has he been hurting you? You act like this isn't a big deal.."

I sighed. "I'll be home next weekend. I have some business to take care of, and then I can spend it all with you."

Xiumin nodded. "I miss you, Amy."