63 // "I love you"

(Four months later)

At Xiumin's graduation, I was able to finally meet Xiumin's family. They were very nice to me, and seemed to like me. I sat with them and the EXO members.

"Can I sit here?" An attractive guy asked me, since there was an open space by me.

"Sure," I said. I then looked at him, like really looked at him, and gasped. "Luhan?!"

"Shhh," he said, smiling. "It's a surprise for him. You must be Amy. I've heard a lot about you. A lot of good stuff."

I smiled. "It's so nice to finally meet you."

"The EXO members tell me you were their favorite manager. Wish you were around sooner. But you look pretty young."

"I'm 22," I said.

Luhan nodded. "I want to to thank you for making sure Xiumin didn't go through what I went through to leave EXO. I don't know what you did, but thank you."

At the end of the ceremony, we all left the auditorium to congratulate the graduates. I walked with Luhan to Xiumin, but I was the one who greeted him first.

"Congratulations," I said, kissing Xiumin. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you," he said, smiling, as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"There's someone who came to see you," I said to him, and Luhan emerged from the crowd of people.

"Luhan!" Xiumin exclaimed, and they hugged.  It was so good to see them reunited, and tears filled my eyes. Good tears.

I looked over at Kai, who looking back at me. I walked over to him. "We did it," I said. "We all survived to this point."

"Is that what life is all about?" Kai pondered out loud. "Surviving?" After he left me thinking, he added, "I think you do more than just survive."

I didn't say anything. Just listened.

"I've never seen Xiumin so genuinely happy, and it's all because of you. I don't know what we would have done if you didn't fly your stupid self over here to be our manager," Kai said.

"Maybe Tao wouldn't have left."

"Hey, you need to let that one go. I think he would have left without you as our manager. He was just done."

I shook my head. Honestly, I would probably take the guilt of Tao to my grave. "Anyway, I hope the next manager is good to you."

"Think you could stay longer and train them?" Kai tried.

"I think Kim J wants me to leave Korea," I said, laughing.

"Just thought I'd ask," Kai said.

"Will you stay in contact?" I asked. "When Xiumin and I go to America?"

"Yeah," Kai said. "I better be in the wedding."

"Okay, you should talk to Xiumin," I blushed. Marrying Xiumin felt so far away. There was still so much to work out. 

Xiumin walked over to us. "Amy?" He smiled. "Would you like to go to dinner with me?"

"Hey, you're too cheesy," Kai scolded. "I'm going to leave."

When Xiumin and I got to the restaurant, Xiumin exhaled, smiling. "I don't think life has ever been so good at this point in my life."

I smiled back. "Yeah?"

"You're done at SM Entertainment, I've graduated, I've left EXO without being sued. Oh, and I went to the doctor last week."

"And?"

"He said I'm all good to go! I mean, he advised I don't go back to EXO...but I can start working out again. I've missed that. So you don't have to worry about me anymore."

I smiled, and I moved a little in my seat. "Well, it's May now. I can finally tell you the truth about why I went back to SM Entertainment."

"Oh yeah," Xiumin remembered.

"Before I start...I hope you realize how much I love you," I explained. "I don't want you to feel any less of a person, but there was no other way."

Xiumin reached across from the table and held my hands with his. "I'm ready."

"Initially I went back to protect EXO from Minhyuk. Kim J then used that as an opportunity. He told me that if I stayed for a year as the manager, you wouldn't have to come back or have to deal with lawsuits. If I told you, you would have to come back, and I would be fired, and he told me I would never find work in Korea again."

"Oh." Xiumin looked down, seeming deep in thought. "That makes sense now. Wow.." He looked up at me. "I love you so much, Amy. You...are truly..." He shook his head. "I thought it might have been that, but I didn't think..you loved me that much."

I nodded.

Xiumin began to pull away, and I got worried. What was he doing?

He then slid out of his chair and slowly knelt down on one knee. My jaw dropped, my hands covering my mouth.  "Minseok.."

He pulled out a small box, opening it, and looked up at me. "Amy, I know you're still really young, and life is really crazy right now, but I don't want to live without you. I need you in my life...I've never loved someone as much as I love you, and I didn't even think I would find love until I met you. Amelia Lawson, will you marry me?"

I nodded, tears spilling out of my eyes. "Yes!" I got out of my seat and wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in to kiss him passionately.

I was happy.