58 // "You have to trust me"

I woke up to the sun shining through the window. I wanted to leap out of bed, and go to work, but I realized that it was Saturday. I noticed that Xiumin wasn't sleeping by me anymore.

I got up, and walked out of his bedroom and found him in the kitchen, making pancakes. "You have no idea how hard it was for me to leave you," Xiumin said with a smile, "but I had to make pancakes."

They smelled amazing. "You didn't have to-"

"Uh, yeah I did. My girlfriend is about to leave for months."

"I'll be back to visit-"

"It's nothing," he said. "Those visits don't feel real. They go by that fast. You'll change."

Xiumin finished making the pancakes, and we sat down to eat. "Ugh, I'm still so sorry you're having to always see me like this."

"What?" I asked.

"My ugly no makeup face."

"What?" I asked again. "No...Minseok...what? You're not ugly without makeup."

Xiumin shook his head. "You're supposed to say things like that."

"If anyone should be apologizing, it should be me," I said. "I look disgusting."

Xiumin smiled. "No you don't." His smile faded as he looked at his pancakes. "Gosh, I'm going to gain so much weight. I need to be working out again."

I dropped my fork. "Don't you dare, Minseok. You're not supposed to do anything for two months."

He rolled his eyes. "Next time you'll see me, I'll be fat."

"I think our definitions of 'fat' are different," I said. "I want you healthy again."

"Amy...I just think I'm struggling. I'm having to deal with my natural appearance a lot. I'm so used to the makeup..and everything.. the hairstyles. I was always good looking. Now I don't have anything. I'm ugly all the time, it feels like."

"Minseok," I said. "You..." This made me sad. I wanted him to be okay, and not just physically. "I wish you could see yourself how I see you."

"I don't want to seem clingy." He exhaled. "I'm sorry."

"Clingy?" I questioned. Where did that come from?

"I.." He shook his head. "Never mind. Seriously, it's okay. How's Minhyuk?"

I glanced away, and then looked back at him, knowing I had to keep eye contact for him to believe me. "I mean, he's still Minhyuk. The members told me to listen what he says, regarding what to write down and stuff. They're looking out for me, so, you shouldn't worry."

Xiumin nodded. "Well, I can't help but not worry about you. I wish I was going with you."

"No," I said. We were both done eating, and I reached over the table and grabbed his hand and held it. "You need to be here. And I'll video call you all the time. I'll be back before you know it, and you'll have gotten your masters' degree."

Xiumin bit his lip, looking away. "It just..won't be the same."

Monday morning came faster than everyone wanted. I left Xiumin's apartment at an insane hour in the morning to run to my dorm room and pack my things. Once packed, I rode in a taxi with Chanyeol and Kai to the airport.

We met up with the other members, and we began to make our way to board our flight.

"Amy!" A voice called. I didn't even need to look to know immediately that it was Xiumin. I turned to the direction of the voice to see Xiumin pushing through the crowd of people.

"Xiumin," I said, and he kept walking to me until he grabbed my waist with his hands, pulling me closer to him as he kissed me. I dropped my suitcases I was holding, and held onto his arms.

He pulled away, still holding onto my waist. "Don't ever call me that again," he said.

"There are people around," I said quietly. "This isn't professional."

"Give Koreaboo something to write about," Xiumin said. "I don't care. I'm in love with you, and I'm here begging you not to go."

I closed my eyes, exhaling. "Please don't do this."

"I can't just watch you go and watch you change."

"How, Minseok?" I demanded. "How will I change?"

"You see a lot. And...shit Amy, I need you. I've always needed you, ever since I met you."

"Please don't," I said quietly.

"I didn't leave this band so you could leave me."

I looked away, tears forming in my eyes.

"You've already left me once, I'm not going to let you leave me again. If you don't come back with me, I'll rejoin EXO so I can go on tour with you."

I lost it. I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my face in his chest and cried. He didn't just do this. And I couldn't explain anything to him. After a few moments, I let go, and looked back up at him. "You have to trust me," I said, tears still rolling down my cheeks. "I'm trying to protect you. That's all I can tell you." I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck and pulled him into another kiss, but I began passionately kissing him. Xiumin quickly began to kiss me back.

"Okay," I heard Kai say, approaching us and carefully pulling me away. He laughed hesitantly. "You two need to get a room or something.."

Kai kept pulling me away, but I held onto Xiumin's hand and he began to walk with us. "You have to trust me," I told him with urgency. It suddenly got crowded with people and Xiumin's hand slipped out of mine.