38 // "Will you go to dinner with me?"

We had gotten the photo shoot out of the way, with their new hairstyles and hair colors. Then they started posting on the V app. And then their music video came out.

We were required to watch every one live. I was in my office when Minhyuk came in with his ipad. "Yoongi just got on," he said.

I exhaled. "Okay." I pulled my chair close to the chair Minhyuk was sitting in. We were just watching Yoongi ramble on, talking to the fans.

"'Doesn't it hurt your scalp?'" Yoongi read the comments. "It hurts. Dyeing your hair hurts your scalp. I am human, I feel pain." He paused. "If I lose my hair, I will make Big Hit pay."

I gasped, my eyes widening. Minhyuk laughed. "Yoongi cracks me up sometimes," he said.

"No," I said. "His hair isn't healthy."

"What, are you his stylist noona now too? You're touching his hair lately?"

"Minhyuk!"

"This isn't SM Entertainment. No one is going to leave BTS, and no one is going to sue. Calm down."

I glared at Minhyuk as the broadcast ended. "Come on. We have more shows to prepare for. And MAMA. Gosh, if this is exhausting me, imagine how they feel."

Minhyuk gave me a look as I stood up. "Amelia, you're too concerned about them. This is what they do. They wanted this life, they auditioned, they got in. They're talented. They have a huge fan base all over the world. They're okay."

"Just....let's go," I said. "They're preforming in 30 minutes." I grabbed my jacket and walked out of my office. As I walked down the hall, I realized something.

EXO will be at MAMA.

I could easily run into them.

I could try to avoid them, or just let it happen. I didn't know what to do.

BTS performed very well that night, at least, according to me. Apparently Jimin was still eating too much, as well as Jin. Hearing Jan Di call them fat made me hate her more than ever. By the looks on their faces, they seemed to believe her.

Minhyuk scolded them for mistakes in the dance that I could have sworn he made up. But they seemed to believe him as well.

"Get lots of sleep," Jan Di said. "Don't stay up too late celebrating another completion of a performance. Especially since you haven't arrived yet. Don't let these wins get to your head. You still have a long ways to go. Jimin, I'd suggest not eating anything the rest of the night so your cheeks aren't so chubby tomorrow. You all have a photoshoot tomorrow. Let's try to look our best, okay?"

Gosh, I hated her.

"Hey," Minhyuk said, a smile on his face. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the hallway, away from the BTS members and Jan Di. "We should celebrate."

"Did you just hear Jan Di?"

"You and I. Not Jan Di."

My eyebrows pressed together. "What? Jan Di said they haven't arrived yet. There's no point in celebrating."

Minhyuk laughed. "Okay, okay. That was just an excuse. Will you go to dinner with me? We won't have to talk about anything work related. I promise. I won't even bring up SM Entertainment."

I was trying to ignore my hunger pains, but I gave in. "Fine. But if you bring up SM Entertainment, I'm leaving immediately."

"Deal."

While we were in the taxi, Minhyuk was asking me about various restaurants. "I haven't been to many," I said. "Seriously. Just take us somewhere. I won't care."

"Don't you get out?" He asked.

"Nope."

"Okay, okay," he said. He told the taxi driver the name of the restaurant. "It's my favorite," Minhyuk explained.

I nodded. When we got out of the taxi, my heart stopped.

This was the restaurant where I went with the EXO boys that first week.

"Is everything okay?" Minhyuk asked me.

"Yeah, everything's fine," I said, walking with him inside. When we sat down, I couldn't help but remember.

I slapped down my menu. "Can someone order for me? I'm struggling."

"What do you want?" Chen asked.

"I don't know, surprise me," I said.

"If I were you...I wouldn't ask to be surprised. You like squid? Because Sehun over here would have gotten you that for a laugh."

Sehun looked over at the mention of his name. "What?"

"Fine. Just get me some rice, chicken, and a freaking eggroll," I said.

I exhaled, setting down my menu. "Can you just order for me? I have no idea what to get. I'm fine with mostly anything...except squid...I suppose."

Minhyuk laughed. "Ew, squid. Yeah, I'll order for you." He closed his menu. "How's your Korean?"

"I can't read or write it very well, but I'm starting to pick it up and I'm able to communicate with the members," I explained. "Everyone at SM spoke decent English, so I was spoiled."

Minhyuk nodded. "It's good that you're learning. And I can help you if you need it."

After a while into the meal, I looked up at Minhyuk. "Is this allowed?"

"Is what allowed?"

"Uh..getting dinner together."

Minhyuk smiled. "Yeah it's allowed. I asked."

"You asked?"

"Yeah. I asked Kim Tan if it was allowed, and he said yes. Just as long as we don't date anyone in BTS as managers."

"I figured that," I said, rolling my eyes a little. Wait, why would he ask?

The rest of the night wasn't actually that terrible. A part of me was still irritated by Minhyuk, but he wasn't that bad as an individual. I hated him as a manager.

He walked me back to my room in the dorm, which wasn't that far from his. "Thanks for going out for dinner with me," Minhyuk said.

"Oh, well, thanks for taking me," I said. When we got to my door, Minhyuk leaned in to kiss me. At first I didn't want it to happen, but then I let go of all those feelings and kissed back. It was nothing more than a long peck, until we released. He smiled, biting his lip, and then his hands went to my neck, kissing me again, this time more passionate.

"See you tomorrow, Amy," Minhyuk said after releasing again. I nodded and walked into my room.

I closed my door behind me, and leaned against it, feeling numb.

I haven't let go of Xiumin.

And I don't think I can.