56 // "Kiss me"

It was 11 o'clock at night when practices were finally over. Minhyuk made everyone stay overtime because "it was still shitty." I couldn't do anything about it.

I got in my room and closed the door, calling Xiumin as I changed into shorts and a tshirt to sleep in. "Amy?" He answered.

"Hey," I said. "I know it's late, but I told you I would call you."

"Practices just ended?" He questioned.

"Yeah."

"That's...really late," he said. "I hope that isn't a regular occurance."

"Well, tour starts next week.. so.."

Xiumin exhaled. "I forgot about that. You won't be around."

"I'll make sure to come over this weekend so we spend a lot of time together," I said.

"Good," Xiumin said. "How was dinner?"

I bit my lip, trying to be careful about going about this. "It was pretty bad. He kept talking crap about the members, and saying they only like me because they're trying to sleep their way to the top, like you."

Xiumin laughed. "Well, that's not true."

"I know."

"Is that it? Anything else happen?"

"I ate a lot. Like, twice as much as I usually do for dinner. I kept eating so I wouldn't have to talk," I rambled, trying to keep everything light.

"Did you work anything out? Like the whole purpose of the dinner?" Xiumin asked.

"Uh," I thought. "Not really. I think we're always going to disagree."

"Did he try to make a move?"

My heart skipped a beat. "What?"

"Did he try to kiss you? I don't know, I just had a feeling he would."

I closed my eyes, biting my lip. "No, he didn't."

"Really?"

"Yeah." I hated myself. "You really think he would do that?"

"Yeah, definitely. I mean, he's already dated you. And now I'm really worried about you when you go on tour. I'll let the boys know to watch out for you. Never be alone-"

"Minseok, I think I'll be okay," I said, faking a laugh. "Hey, we both need to get some sleep. I'll call tomorrow night?"

"Sure. Good night, Amy. I love you."

"I love you too. Good night," I said, hanging up.

The next day was long and miserable, but I kept doing everything Minhyuk told me to do and it went somewhat more smoothly.

In the evening, there were individual practices to help the members where they were struggling. I made an attempt to be anywhere Minhyuk was not. It was going well, until I walked in on Baekhyun.

He was in a small vocal practice room, and Minhyuk was standing over him. This wasn't fair. Minhyuk was much more taller than him. I stood in the doorway, about to leave, but Baekhyun's beautiful voice was making me stay. I love hearing him sing.

"Aishhh-" Minhyuk exclaimed, raising his hand and hitting Baekhyun. "You went flat again! I will not leave until you get it right!"

"Hey!" I exclaimed, walking in. Minhyuk looked up at me, but Baekhyun wouldn't look at me. "No. We don't do that here," I said, trying to sound authoritative.

"What are you going to do?" Minhyuk asked, walking over to me. "Make a video and leak it? That won't work here."

"How long have you been in here?" I asked, ignoring him.

"20 minutes."

"We're only supposed to be with the member 5 minutes at a time. You need to go somewhere else. I'll help Baekhyun," I said. Please leave..

Minhyuk glared at me. "I'll be back in five minutes." He walked out.

I looked at my phone for the time, making sure Minhyuk wouldn't cheat me by one minute. I walked over to Baekhyun once Minhyuk left. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"I've never had a manager hit me before," Baekhyun said.

"Has he hit you before?"

Baekhyun shook his head no. "What did he mean, when he asked if you would make a video and leak it?"

"Don't worry about it," I said. "Okay. We have four minutes to fix this. You are going flat. But we'll fix it."

Baekhyun exhaled. "I'm just tired. I've been flat a lot lately and I don't know why."

"It's the high notes," I said. "Sometimes you aren't consistent. But when you nail the high notes, everyone gets goosebumps. Can you sing the lines for me?"

Baekhyun nodded, and started singing. I observed him, and his body posture. Finally I understood.

"Baekhyun," I said, "you're not singing enough from your diaphragm. Especially when you get higher. Your shoulders aren't supposed to move when you sing and take a breath." Baekhyun nodded. "But it's okay! At least we found the problem so we can fix it. And when you come up to a high note, visualise yourself going over the high note. Try again."

Baekhyun sang the lines again, already so much better. "That was it!" I exclaimed, and gave him a high five. He was smiling again.

"How do you know this stuff?" Baekhyun asked. "I don't usually have managers help me with this stuff."

"I have a music minor," I explained. "I'm a singer, remember?"

Baekhyun nodded. "Makes sense."

Minhyuk walked in. "Were you talking this whole five minutes?"

I shook my head, walking out and past him. "Don't hit him ever again. I'll report you."

"Hey." Minhyuk grabbed my wrist and pulled me close enough so he could whisper in my ear. "You threaten me again, and you'll kiss me. Got it?"

"Can you both stop wasting my time?" Baekhyun asked. He started singing his lines, absolutely nailing the high notes.

When he was done, I looked at Minhyuk. "You don't get that progress by abuse."

Minhyuk's grip tightened around my wrist, and I cringed from the pain. "Let's check on the others, shall we?" He asked me.

I nodded, and started walking with him out of the room and to another practice room. While in the hallway, he suddenly pushed me up against the wall, his hands pressed against my shoulders so I couldn't move. "You will not humiliate me like that again."

"I didn't realize that was humiliating," I commented.

He pushed on my shoulders harder, and I closed my eyes momentarily from the pain. "Kiss me."

I opened my eyes. "What?!"

"If you don't, I'll let Xiumin know that you're cheating on him with me."

"But-"

He pulled out his phone and showed me a picture. Someone had taken a picture of us kissing last night. "I'll show him this."

"Who took that?" I asked.

"I have friends in this company," he said, shoving his phone back in his pocket and again, pressing both hands on my shoulders. "You won't be getting rid of me any time soon."