36 // "Their legs are skinnier than mine"

The weeks were going by faster. Since Namjoon was the only member who could communicate well with me in English, I started learning Korean. It was easy to pick up, as the members would speak to me in Korean and before long, I started understanding what they were trying to say. 

It was October. BTS had a comeback in only a few weeks, and they had to prepare.

I stayed up late writing up schedules strategically in ways that would not fatigue them. Namjoon came in my office one day, and sat down. He had a slight smile on his face, his dimples showing. "You're actually trying not to kill us, right?"

I nodded.

"It's like, you're doing everything in your power to keep us alive. I like that. But stuff has been floating around...maybe you got away with stuff at SM Entetainment, but you won't get away with it here, unfortunately. Anyway, I heard Kim Tan is redoing the management system. New people are being hired. So even if you don't get fired, some of them will have a stronger say than you."

I nodded. "Thanks for telling me, Namjoon."

He nodded in return. "I want to keep you around." He peaked over on my desk. "Working on schedules again?"

"Yeah. Actually, can you proof read them? You hear them complain more than I do. I'm trying to figure out if I should spread things out daily or compact them into an intense few hours with no breaks. Same goes as for weekly," I explained.

"Jungkook wants down time," he said. "He doesn't feel like he can relax as much with one to two hour breaks. You might want to try the compacted schedules with him," Namjoon suggested. "I don't know about the others. Want me to send some of them in here?"

"Start with one," I said. "One at a time."

"Okay." He left, and a few minutes later, Jin came in.

"You wanted to talk to me?" He asked.

I nodded. "You want to sit down?"

He cringed. "Actually, I haven't had a chance to eat yet. I'm starving. Can we talk in the cafeteria?"

"Yeah, we can," I said, and we went to the cafeteria.

When I finished going over the schedules with every member, I was called into a management meeting held by Kim Tan. I knew this was going to be stressful for me. I had to keep the BTS members healthy. I couldn't see another member leave. I couldn't watch them slowly die before my eyes when it was my fault.

As I was walking down the hall, my high heels making an even rhythm, I worried that I was bringing too much of what I dealt with at SM Entertainment over to Big Hit. This was better. Or maybe it wasn't. I didn't know anymore. I just wanted everyone to be okay. 

And deep down, I still worried about Xiumin, but I couldn't bring myself to ask, or call someone. I just couldn't do it. If he wasn't doing well, I didn't want to know.

I opened the door to Kim Tan's office, and I was immediately overwhelmed by the presence of other individuals in there whom I did not know. "Ah, Amelia," he said. "This is Jan Di and Minhyuk. They were just recently hired, and you all will be on the same BTS management team. Amelia does much of the schedule planning, so we'll keep that. Minhyuk will report to her and help her on what needs to happen as well as keeping the boys focused. Jan Di will be in charge of their diet and exercise."

"Diet?" I questioned. "Their legs are all skinnier than mine."

"If you want me to give you any advice and tips, just ask," Jan Di told me.

My jaw dropped slightly, I knew I was already going to dislike this girl. "My weight is just fine, thank you," I said. "I doubt the boys need to diet. They're thin."

"She's from America," Kim Tan clarified to Jan Di and Minhyuk.

"Ahh," they both said, and nodded.

What the hell?

I thought about pursuing this, but decided to let it go. Today was only day one. I needed to keep my job. I figured they could have me replaced or dropped more easily than SM Entertainment did. 

I had to survive.