35 // "Do you have a thing for Jimin?"

It was now September.

The summer was now over, and comeback season was over. I traveled with BTS to America and was there for them to perform. I often checked up on the news sites about Exo, making sure nothing didn't happen that I needed to be aware of. Every week, someone seemed to be rumoured to leaving Exo. Chen, Chanyeol, and Xiumin for numerous reasons, mostly because of acting and projects on the side. Lay was always rumoured to be leaving Exo, and he was always in China. Everyone seemed to get used to seeing the eight of them.

And of course, then there was when Chanyeol did the offensive gesture and Sehun was drinking and driving, and then Baekhyun and Taeyeon officially released their break up to the media. Tao came out with his mini solo album.

I missed them.

I walked into a dance practice of BTS, and then everything became all too familiar.

"Can we take a break?" Jungkook asked.

"Of course not, are you a wimp? I'm still up and going, you should too. Maybe you need more cardio to keep up with me!" The choreographer, Tess said.

I noticed Jimin lean over with his hands on his knees. This wasn't good.

"Let's go! Start from the top!" She began playing the music.

"I can't do this," Jungkook muttered and walked over to sit down by the wall. I kept my eyes on Jimin, who was less than aggressive with his dancing. He seemed clumsy.

She stopped the music. "Jimin, you idiot!" She shouted. "Wake up!" She turned to Jungkook. "Get your ass over here now. I will not accept laziness in my practices." She turned to me. "I hope you're writing this down and putting in more practices and cardio for them. They are no where near acceptable to perform!"

"Uh." I looked over at Jimin, who was leaning over again. "I really think they need a break. Jimin looks pale."

"Oh, don't tell me you haven't seen a pale person before. I forgot all you Americans try to be tan."

I made a face. "I've lived in South Korea for six months now. Don't even say that." As I glared at Tess, I saw a body drop to the floor in the corner of my eye. "Oh my gosh, Minseok," I said, rushing over to him.

"Minseok?" A bunch of the boys questioned me.

"Jimin," I said. "Jimin! That's what I said." I turned to Rap Monster. "Is he okay?"

"He's sick," Rap Monster said.

"Give him some space!" Tess exclaimed. "We need to continue this practice when he wakes up."

"Are you serious?!" I exclaimed. "Jimin needs to rest!"

"We also have a comeback we're planning for. If you're going to be such a pushover, go back to where you came from," Tess said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. SM Entertainment? I got in trouble for being a pushover there..

"America , you white piece of-"

"You're going to have to deal with me. Okay? I'm not going anywhere," I talked back.

"We'll see about that." Tess pulled out her phone, then after a few moments, put it back in her pocket. "I just sent Kim Tan a text. He will be down here in a few minutes."

Jimin woke up, and Tess pulled him up onto his feet and started the music. As they were dancing, I mingled my way in and grabbed Jimin's arm and pulled him out and away to a bench by the wall. "You just freaking passed out," I told him. "You're going to rest."

"Thank you," he whispered, catching his breath.

The door opened, and Tess stopped the music. "Amelia just dragged Jimin out to sit down," she told Kim Tan.

"What is this?" Kim Tan asked me. "Come with me to my office. Jimin, get back to work."

"I'm sorry," I told Jimin as I followed Kim Tan to his office. When we got in, he closed the door behind me.

"Sit," he said.

I did.

"What do you think this is?" Kim Tan asked. "How dare you mess with practices like that? They are here to work hard! They were trained for years for this."

"Jimin is sick, he fainted, and was forced to get back to dancing. That is abuse," I said.

He exhaled. "This is what I was afraid of. Americans are so sheltered. This is what you did at SM Entertainment, am I correct?"

"Obviously not well enough, because Tao left," I said.

"Do you have a thing for Jimin?"

"What? No," I replied. "Why would I have a thing for Jimin?"

"Because you're trying so hard to -"

"Jimin is sick!" I exclaimed. "You're not listening to me!"

"You're not listening to me," Kim Tan said. "You are being paid to do a job that you are not doing. I don't know why SM held on to you so long, but I will not hesitate to fire you."