Epilogue //

[16 years later]

Xiumin walked in at 5:15pm, just like every other day. "How was work?" I asked from the kitchen. I was making dinner.

Xiumin joined me, hugging me from behind, and kissing my neck. "It was good. I'm going to say this every day... I love teaching music at university."

I laughed. "Oh, Kai called today."

"Oh? How's he doing?"

"Good. You know that dance school he opened up? It's going so well...oh, and of course, Kai caught me up on all the members."

"Yeah? How are they?"

"Oh, nothing new. Kai and Krystal just had their third child, Suho just got married, Kyungsoo just got the lead role in one in another movie, Baekhyun and Taeyeon are married and performing their latest album together, Sehun and his wife, remember, that one manager?  They just had their second child. Lay just got hired at SM Entertainment as one of the staff members. He and his family just moved back to Korea from China. Basically, Lay's job is to help all the Chinese members and trainees get better treatment. Chanyeol's fans finally let him date, and it looks like he's going to marry this one. Kris, Luhan, Tao, and Chen all kind of disappeared from the media, because they have their own families now."

"I love it," Xiumin said. "We should take a vacation out there and see them."

"With kids?" I asked. "Are you sure?"

"Are you talking about going to Korea?" Our 15 year old son Josh asked us. "I have something to ask you both. Please try to consider it."

Xiumin and I looked at each other. I could tell that Xiumin was nervous, and I was too. We knew what he would ask.

"I want to go to Korea and audition for SM Entertainment."

"You know you have to fly out there, right?" Xiumin asked. "Josh, is being in a band here not good enough for you?

"I really want to do this," Josh said. "And I know Korean! Mark Tuan had to learn Korean."

"What?" I asked, flustered. "How do you know who Mark Tuan is?"

"I told you that we shouldn't have taught them Korean," Xiumin muttered to me.

"We could have easily moved back there!" I exclaimed defensively. I looked at Xiumin, and his eyes were softened. It wasn't that deep. But as we looked at each other, I could tell that his memories were coming back as mine were too. 

Our two daughters, Brielle and Saehee came in the room, sitting down on the couch opposite of the couch Xiumin and I were sitting on. "I want to audition for SM Entertainment too!" Brielle exclaimed.

"You're 13, you don't know what you want," Josh argued.

"And you do?" Xiumin asked. He exhaled. "All right, Josh. You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

Saehee was swinging her legs, as she was still too short for her feet to touch the floor. "I think Josh would be good for a boy band."

Xiumin shook his head. "Okay, Josh. Sit down. We're going to tell you a story you've never heard. How I escaped SM Entertainment and EXO."