64 // "Where's Xiumin?"

(3 1/2 years later)

"Ya, pack your bags," Xiumin said, walking into our apartment bedroom. "We're going to Korea."

Our apartment was small, and we were beginning to outgrow it in Los Angeles. We knew LA would be just a transition location for us, as we both had good jobs. Once we were done with the city and wanted to start a family, we would settle in Missouri - a quiet, calm place so we could finally breathe. 

"What?" I asked. "Korea?" We hadn't been there in three years.

He smiled. "For MAMA."

"We're not going to watch it live again?"

"No. I'm not getting up at those early morning hours this year." Xiumin grabbed the suitcases from the top of our closet. 

I stared at him. "Alright, what are you hiding from me? Why are we really going to Korea to see MAMA?"

He walked over to me and kissed me on the forehead. "We're going to get really good seats."

"Why won't you tell your child and your wife the truth?" I asked, holding his hands with mine. 

Xiumin smiled, and kissed my stomach, even though I was only a few weeks pregnant and wasn't even showing. "You'll see. It's a surprise. Don't ask any more questions."

Once we got to Korea, we had a couple of days to relax and get over our jet lag. Then we got ready for the big night, and I wore a long, flowing purple dress. Xiumin wore a suit. Once we got in the arena, Xiumin pulled me aside so we wouldn't be in anyone's way. "You're going to be sitting with BTS for the first half, and then you'll sit with me."

"What?" I questioned. "But I want to sit with you -"

"It's important. You need to sit with them."

"It's been almost four years since I was their manager. They've moved on," I said, but Xiumin still grabbed my hand and pulled me over to them. 

"Amy!!!" The boys exclaimed. Jungkook was taller, they all collectively looked much older, and much more handsome. But they still looked like themselves - Yoongi had his hair this pastel blue, Namjoon's hair was purple, and everyone else had variations of red and brown in their hair. They took turns hugging me. By the time they were done, I looked around for Xiumin, but he was gone. 

"Sit down," Taehyung said, patting the seat next to his. Jungkook sat on the other side of me. "How is LA?"

"It's great," I answered, speaking in Korean again. I was able to use Korean a little with my job in LA, but not nearly as much as I used to when I was BTS's manager. I missed speaking in Korean, and Xiumin preferred to speak in English. "How are you all doing?" I looked around for Jimin, and he was smiling - as if he knew I would be concerned about him. But he was extremely fit now, and I wasn't even worried that he wasn't eating enough. 

"I'm eating, don't worry," Jimin said. 

"Oh wow," Namjoon commented. "I forgot that was a problem. That seems so long ago."

"And your managers?" I asked.

Namjoon waved his hand, like it was no big deal. "Big Hit has gotten really chill. I mean, it's still a company, and it's strict, but life is so good for us."

"Life is good for us because Big Hit is more strict and focused on their rookie groups," Yoongi explained.

"But you guys are still really relevant," I said. "You've become one of the most well known kpop bands. Everyone in the United States knows who you are. Of course, they have your music playing on the radios now."

Namjoon smiled. "I don't know what to say. We're humbled. But if it wasn't for you...Amy, you helped us a lot. But enough about us. How are you?"

"Pregnant," I said, smiling.

"You're pregnant?!" They all exclaimed. 

"You're naming the baby after me, right?" Jungkook asked. 

After several performances, I looked around for Xiumin. "Where's Xiumin? Do you know?" I asked Namjoon. 

He smiled. "Just wait."

Someone got on stage, and I leaned forward. "Wait, is that Baekhyun??"

"You weren't aware of his solo career?" Jungkook asked. "Aish, you're a good ex manager."

I gave him a look. Baekhyun's songs were really good. Then the stage went dark after his last song. "What's going on?" I asked. No one answered me. "Wait, when is EXO performing?" I asked. They haven't even had any comebacks in forever..what would they perform? 

I got impatient. "Ya! What's going on?" I asked the boys. They just sat there, holding back their smiles. This was rude to me. 

Then the music started - I knew the song by the first note. Overdose. Why Overdose? They were missing so many members - Kris, Luhan, Tao, Xiumin, and Lay had basically lived in China this whole time. People were screaming all around me. 

I screamed too. "WaiT THAT'S XIUMIN!!" I heard the BTS boys laughing at me. "WAIT-" Why were there so many people up there? I silently counted - and came up with 12. Wait

That's why people were screaming.

"This was a tribute performance," Namjoon explained to me. "They all agreed they wanted to perform one last time together before they disband and go into solo careers and military service."

"Oh my gosh." That's why I was here.

They also performed Growl, and then Call Me Baby and Monster - and had moved singing parts around so that every member had a line and the choreography fit for 12 members. It was amazing. 

I couldn't help but worry about Xiumin. My eyes were on him the whole time. I knew he was healthy now, but I was still afraid. At the end of the song, when they posed in their line, Xiumin looked straight at me and nodded. 

He was okay.