46 // "I hate seeing you like this"

I got back to the Big Hit company building late morning, way later than the usual. I knew I would get called out for this, especially since I didn't call in. I walked in, and went straight upstairs to the practice room where I knew they would be.

I first saw Jan Di when I walked into the practice room, and she looked at me. "Where have you been?! Ugh, you look awful."

"I...it's been a long night," I said.

Jan Di looked at me like I was a rat in comparison to her. "Go get yourself ready - you need to make a good impression on the new manager."

"New manager?" I questioned.

"Yes, to replace Minhyuk."

I exhaled, rolling my eyes. "I think the two of us can handle these seven."

"I don't think you have room to talk, actually. You, coming from EXO, which lost a member under one manager that happened to be you."

"Oh my gosh," I muttered, facing her. "Do you want to go?"

"At least I'll have another manager to depend on. You're such a slacker. Why don't you go back to EXO? BTS is already getting ahead of them. Let's face it. You can't keep up with BTS - just like EXO." After she said that, I turned around and walked out of the practice room. 

"Amelia," Namjoon said, running out of the rest of the band and rushing to me. "Hey. Let's take a walk."

"You're not allowed to just run out of the practice like that," Jan Di scolded Namjoon. "What if you tripped someone?"

"But he didn't," I said, yawning. I could sleep the rest of the day. I walked out of the practice room, Namjoon right behind me. "What's up?" I asked him.

"Did you come back here alone?" Namjoon asked.

"Chanyeol and Kai rode in the taxi with me here. I told them what was going on," I explained.

Namjoon nodded. "How's Xiumin? Jungkook and Jimin filled us all in on what you told them."

"He woke up this morning," I said. "Shit, he's not well. I'll probably go back tonight." As we kept walking together, I looked at Namjoon. "You should get back to practice before Jan Di kills you." I stopped walking. "Did Jimin eat this morning?"

"Uh," Namjoon looked up, thinking. "No, he didn't."

"That kid," I muttered. "He has to eat."

"Jan Di keeps telling him not to."

"Oh my gosh," I said, rubbing my forehead. "Okay. I'm going to go get ready as fast as possible so I make a good impression for the new manager. And for your sake, I hope the new manager is good to you guys."

"I hope so too," Namjoon said. "Meet you back in the practice room in a few."

I quickly showered and got ready, trying to look as professional as possible so I wouldn't look like such a pushover to the new manager. I walked down the hallway, praying that the new manager would be easy to work with. That he or she wouldn't be completely evil.

I walked into the practice room, and almost lost it when I saw Shana standing by Jan Di. "Oh my gosh," Shana said, walking over to me. "Isn't this great? We get to work together!"

Wait, did I miss something? Were we friends? She gave me a hug, and I hesitantly hugged her back. "Wait...what about EXO?" I asked.

"Oh, I quit! Too much drama!" She laughed. "I like BTS better anyway."

"What?" I asked.

"Do you like BTS better?" She asked.

"Okay...I don't have favorites. This is a job, Shana." What was coming out of my mouth? Of course I had favorites. I loved BTS, but EXO was my first love. It killed me to leave them.

The day dragged out. Shana was just as bad as Jan Di, picking on them about their diets and exercise again and again. I knew I couldn't win in arguing against the two together, and I was so tired, Xiumin being the only thing on my mind. I walked out of the practice room at the end of the day, on my way out to catch a taxi. "Hey!" a voice exclaimed behind me, and he grabbed my arm to face him. Jungkook. "What the hell was with you today? We're all dying out there."

I closed my eyes, thinking of Xiumin literally dying. When I calmed down inside, I opened my eyes again to look at Jungkook. "My mind is somewhere else. I will be better tomorrow. Or the day after. I need to go."

"Wait for one of us to go with you-"

"No, Jungkook. You all need your rest. And make sure Jimin eats. Please," I said, looking into Jungkook's eyes so he would believe me.

He nodded. "Text one of us when you get there so we know you're safe."

"I will." I left the building and road a taxi to the hospital. I quickly found Xiumin's room and texted Namjoon that I was safe and at the hospital. I opened the door, to see Xiumin watching TV. When he saw me, he smiled and turned it off with his remote.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're here," he said. "I was so bored. They've all been at practice. New manager, I heard."

"Yeah, Shana is on my team now," I said, pulling over the chair I sat in last time and sat down beside him. "I really don't like her."

"You should have taken Shana's job here."

"I should have," I said, shrugging.

Xiumin's smile faded. "The doctor said I need to take a break of at least two months from EXO. I can't do that."

"What do you mean, you can't do that?" I asked.

"I mean, I might as well just leave, right? I feel like after two months I'll be in the same spot I'm in right now."

I exhaled, looking away. "I don't know, Minseok. I've fought with you about this too much."

I was still looking away when Xiumin reached for my hand, pulling it onto his bed to rest on it along with his, and interlocked his fingers with mine. I looked at our hands, then at him. "I know you're tired of this. I am too," Xiumin said.

"I hate seeing you like this," I said.

The door suddenly swung open, and I looked in horror as Minhyuk walked in. "Hi, Xiumin, I'm your new manager, Minhyuk. I'm here to talk to you about your scheduling. Amelia, you should leave. This isn't your business."