28 // "It's over"

A gasp escaped my mouth, and I covered my mouth with my free hand that wasn't being held by Xiumin's. I looked away, because I couldn't look at Xiumin at this point. A single tear rolled down my cheek. "Hey, I told you not to cry," Xiumin said.

I ripped my hand out of his and got out of my jeep. My hands went to my head and tears were rolling.

I did this to him.

I heard a door slam shut, but I ignored it. "Amy."

I couldn't look at him.

"Amy, turn around. Look at me."

I shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut, trying to hold back sobs.

I heard abrupt footsteps in the gravel to me, and a pair of hands grabbed my shoulders and turned me around, then wrapping his arms around me. "I told you not to cry because it's not your fault," Xiumin said.

I completely lost it. I sobbed in his chest, my body shaking uncontrollably. He held me until I calmed down. When I finally got myself together, Xiumin slowly released his arms from around me. "I love you," I said, "and I can't even begin to imagine you not here because of me."

"Okay, you're still not listening," Xiumin said, holding onto my upper arms and rubbing them. "I'll be okay if I back off, aka quit Exo because they'll never let me chill. I haven't fainted at all this week and I haven't had chest pains. Amy, I'll be okay. I know you probably won't want to be with a man who is being sued, but I might be able to get out of this without being sued."

I nodded.

"And I love how quiet the Midwest is. Whenever I'm in the city, people are always around and trying to get pictures and autographs. It's so peaceful here. It'll be good for me. But why would I be here if I wasn't here with you?" Xiumin asked.

"When can you get out?" I asked.

"We renew our contracts the beginning of November. So I just..won't renew it then. I just have to last until then."

"That's six months," I acknowledged."

"Basically five, because in a week it will be June."

I exhaled. "I'll help you. I'll cut workouts and cardio and extra practices from your schedule."

"But you'll get in trouble."

"I don't care," I said. "I won't go on watching myself slowly kill you."

"You aren't-"

"But I could do something to avoid it. And you know that," I said.

The flight to LA was very quiet. I could tell Xiumin was trying to sleep, but I knew he wasn't.

I didn't even have to call Kai, because he was easy to find in the airport. There was a crowd around him. He walked over to us, thankfully not with the crowd. He had a smirk on his face. "Wow, I knew Amelia went home and Xiumin went to America, but I didn't see the connection. What's up between you two?"

I didn't know how to respond, but Xiumin spontaneously wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "We're dating now."

Kai's eyes widened, and then he laughed. "Okay, stop that. Seriously. Don't touch our manager. People are around sneaking pictures and posting them on social media and I don't want to deal with that rumour."

"Okay, it's not a rumour," Xiumin said. "I went home with her. That's where I've been."

"Are you serious?" Kai asked. "Good luck with that. Seriously." He laughed. "Kim J might actually kill you. Both of you."

I tensed when I heard the word "kill." Xiumin noticed that, and gave me a hard stare and shook his head slightly. "He's probably seen it coming," he said. "I don't really care anymore. The band is a lot smaller than it used to be, and even if he cuts lines, I'll still have more than I used to."

"Wow, how can you even say that?" Kai asked, suddenly fuming.

"Kai, calm down," I said quietly.

Kai looked at me. "Excuse me?" He laughed. "You know? It's too bad our poor Minseok doesn't see right through you."

Oh no.

"Yeah, you know what I'm talking about," Kai said, his smirk back.

"What?" Xiumin asked. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about how Amelia's trying to get with every Exo member. First Chanyeol, then me, and now you. Who's next? Is it D.O? Probably," Kai said.

"Woah, what?" Xiumin exclaimed, looking at me.

"Kai! What?!" I couldn't believe this.

"Amy?" Xiumin asked me. "Is it true?"

"No!" I exclaimed.

"She's a liar too," Kai added.

"Minseok, can we talk away from Kai?" I asked.

"No, you can say what you need to say here. I've known Kai a long time. He wouldn't lie to me," Xiumin said. He glared at me. "And don't call me that."

"I'm telling the truth," I said. "Kai is making up anything about him and me. But..before you came here..Chanyeol and I made out. But that's it!"

"That's it," Kai commented. "She wanted more."

"No!" I exclaimed. "I regretted that night, but-"

"You are full of lies," Xiumin said, looking at me. "You go on about how you have morals and want to take things slow. But you're really a slut. I take back everything I said."

That hurt.

"If you just thought about this it would make sense," I said. "If Kai is telling you the truth, we would have slept together by now."

"Nah, she's playing you, man," Kai said to Xiumin.

"Minseok..you have to believe me."

He glared at me, shaking his head. "It's over."