42 // "We'll take care of you"

"I tolerate people I hate," I said. "I think revenge is immature."

"Revenge? What did he do?" Jimin asked with a smirk, and leaning forward, seeming more interested.

"This is unprofessional," I said. "I shouldn't be talking to you about it."

"But you should talk to someone about it, right? And besides, I know how unprofessional you were at SM Entertainment. You can be unprofessional with me." Jimin winked.

"What have you heard?" I asked, still recovering from Jimin winking at me.

"Well, just stuff Taehyung says, because him and Baekhyun are close, you know? The fans call Baekhyun his mom...which I don't even get. I guess they look alike?" Jimin rambled. "Anyway, Baekhyun is always asking how you're doing, and then he's said stuff like you were really close to all the members. Some closer than others. You and Xiumin."

"Okay, yeah," I said. "You're correct."

"But I feel like you're not so close with us, you know? I mean, you don't have to date us," Jimin laughed, "that's not allowed."

I exhaled quietly. "I guess I'm not as concerned about you as a band compared to EXO? That sounds bad..but they've lost members. It was hard on everyone." I looked away, focusing on a stain on the floor that had been there long before I moved into that office. "But I'm still worried about all of you. That's why I leaked that video."

Jimin nodded, as if understanding. "Okay, yeah."

"Jan Di and Minhyuk don't treat you all right. I know you all basically chose this life, but no one should be treated that way. It's so abusive. Like Jan Di calling you fat. That kind of stuff makes me livid."

"I'll be okay," Jimin reassured me.

"I've heard that one before, and he wasn't okay," I snapped, thinking of Xiumin. I wasn't okay. But it wasn't like I could leave Big Hit and go back to SM Entertainment. "Jimin, I have to apologize."

"Okay, what's up?"

"That night after MAMA..when I didn't show up? I went to see EXO. I didn't mean to like...pick them over you. It was my only chance to see them. I'm sorry."

"No, I understand," Jimin said. "Don't worry about it."

I looked at my phone for the time. "We need to go to practice. Please eat something today, Jimin. As your manager, I'm telling you to eat."

"I'll eat tomorrow, "Jimin reassured me with a smile. "I promise."

Jimin left my office first, and then I followed behind him so it wouldn't look suspicious. I happened to walk past Kim Tan's office as the door opened. Minhyuk was walking out of it. When I saw him, I attempted to walk faster, but he caught up to me and grabbed my wrist and pulled me around the corner in the hallways, throwing me up against the wall. "It was you, wasn't it? You leaked that video?!"

"No-"

Minhyuk slapped me across the face. "Don't lie to me."

I held my cheek as it began to throb. I was so shocked that he actually slapped me. "In case you had any doubts, whatever we had is over," I said.

"Oh, of course it is," Minhyuk said. "Answer me."

"Yes," I said quietly. "I leaked the video."

"Well, because of you, I'm close to losing my job," he said. "If I do lose my job, I will get you back. I know way too much about you. You're going to regret this."

I held my breath, thinking he would hurt me, but instead, he walked away. I exhaled, and started to breathe again.

I went on about my day, making sure I was never alone so Minhyuk couldn't talk to me like that again. In the evening, I went to the gym to check up on the boys. Jimin was on the track running laps, and we made eye contact. He jogged over to me. "Did you hear?"

"Hear what?" I asked.

"Minhyuk got fired."

"No," I gasped, running my hands through my hair. "No no no.."

"What?" Jimin asked. "I thought you wanted him fired."

"I..." I was about to explain, but Jimin suddenly didn't look right. "Jimin, are you okay?"

Jimin shook his head, and grabbed onto my shoulder as his eyes rolled back, and he dropped. I caught him, and gently set him down so he wouldn't get hurt. "Jimin," I said, trying to keep calm. "Shit."

"What happened?!" Namjoon asked from across the room. He dropped his weights and ran over to us.

"He fainted," I said. "He has to eat. Did he eat yesterday?"

Namjoon shook his head.

"What about the day before?"

He exhaled. "The last time I remember him eating anything was at dinner three nights ago. He honestly thinks he's fat. Every time he eats, he convinces himself that he's gained all this weight."

"Oh my gosh," I said.

Jimin's eyes opened. "Oh, no. Did I faint?"

"Yeah," I said. "You can't work out if you haven't eaten."

"You were saying something," Jimin said to me. "Sorry I interrupted you."

"Shut up," I muttered.

"What were you saying?" Namjoon asked me. "What's going on?"

"She's not happy that Minhyuk was fired," Jimin explained.

Namjoon looked at me, surprised. "What?"

Jungkook joined us. "Jimin, are you okay?"

Jimin nodded. He looked at me. "Tell them. It's okay."

I exhaled. "Fine. I leaked the video, okay? And Minhyuk knows. He told me earlier that if he gets fired from this, I'll regret it. He slapped me earlier. If he had the guts to do that, I don't know. I'm just scared," I said.

  "I didn't know that," Jimin told me.  

"Don't worry," Namjoon said. "We'll take care of you."

"Okay," I said. "Since I'm the manager on the clock right now, I'm going to say manager things. I don't want you to, but you should get back to working out. But take it easy. Don't overdo it. But Jimin, you're done for the day. I'm making you eat ramen when we get back to the dorms."

"Don't go anywhere by yourself," Namjoon said to me. "Actually, since Jimin isn't well, do you want someone else to go with you? I'm worried about you now. I'm not asking for us to be lazy with our workouts."

"Oh my gosh," I said, irritated. "Be lazy tonight. I don't care. Whoever wants to can come with us. We're eating ramen." I stood up, and helped Jimin to his feet.

"Can I go?" Jungkook asked. "Ramen sounds really good."

"Sure," I said. As we walked through the halls, I noticed that Minhyuk's dorm's door was open. "He must be moving out," I whispered to Jungkook and Jimin.

"I'll walk by first to see if he's in there," Jimin said. "We wouldn't want him to catch you with us." He walked by, looking in, and then waved us over. "He's not in there."

Jungkook and I began walking by, and then a voice inside said, "Oh yeah I am."

I jumped and looked face to face with Minhyuk. Where did he even come from? I looked at Jimin, and he shrugged.

"What's going on here?" Minhyuk asked. He glared at me. "Actually, never mind. You know I got fired, right? You know what I told you?"

"If I can expose you once, I can expose you again," I said, then tensed up, wondering if he would slap me again. I shouldn't have said that.

"You bitch-" Minhyuk said, stepping up to me, and I knew it was all over.

Then my phone's ringtone went off. It was loud and distracting. I looked at it, and glanced up. "Kim Tan wants to talk to me."