47 // "I wish you were more supportive of me"

I looked at Minhyuk, my jaw dropped. My heart started racing. "Minhyuk..." He's the new manager that replaced Shana?

You will regret this...

I pictured Minhyuk hitting the EXO boys, just like he regularly hit Jungkook. Or my dream. No, Minhyuk wouldn't kill Xiumin.

At least...not by stabbing him to death..

Xiumin kept holding onto my hand. "Actually, it is her business. She's my girlfriend."

My eyes widened as I looked at Xiumin, but he squeezed my hand, and I quickly tried to look natural and nodded.

"Fine," Minhyuk said. "When do you get out of the hospital?"

"Tomorrow," Xiumin answered.

"Alright. You are to come back to the SM building and begin workouts and we'll try to catch you up. We have performances coming up. Tours." Minhyuk looked at me. "It's a shame you have to deal with a long distance relationship, isn't it?"

"Wait," I said. "This is life threatening - what Xiumin has. He can't already be put into that kind of work schedule. The doctor told him he needs two months off!"

"If he has two months off, he might as well leave. And of course, he'll end up just like Kris, Luhan, and Tao - being sued by SM Entertainment."

"Did I understand that right?" Xiumin asked, his voice suddenly raised. He sat up in his hospital bed. "I'll be kicked out because of health reasons, but sued for leaving?"

"Correct," Minhyuk said. "You can't just be gone for two months."

"But Lay-"

"Lay has his own individual activities. Also, it's not fair to compare yourself to him, because he's the last Chinese member in EXO. Of course SM will do everything to keep him."

"But I'm EXO-M," Xiumin said, defensively.

"Doesn't matter. You're still Korean."

Xiumin let go of my hand, and shivers went down my spine. What was Xiumin thinking?

"Is that all?" Xiumin asked Minhyuk. "If it is, you can leave now."

"Yes. Get well, and we'll see you on Monday morning." Minhyuk left, and I felt like I could finally breathe.

"He's the same Minhyuk that you dated, isn't it?" Xiumin asked me.

I nodded, still trying to comprehend everything that happened.

I felt him looking at me, but I wouldn't look back. "Hey. Look at me." I didn't. He reached for my face with his hand closest to mine, basically making me look at him. "You're hiding something from me. You told me you would tell me tonight."

"I know," I said. "I just haven't gotten around to saying it yet."

"Then say it, Amy."

I exhaled. "I got Minhyuk fired. And it wasn't out of revenge. It's because he almost hit Jungkook, and it was on camera. It was going to be edited out, but I got the footage and leaked it. It would have been a non issue, but fans went crazy and there were death threats directed to him...yeah."

Xiumin exhaled. "Did you get caught?"

"Yeah. Minhyuk knew it was me, and he threatened me...saying I would regret this."

Xiumin rolled his eyes. "Shit Amy, that was stupid of you."

I got defensive. "He hits Jungkook on a regular basis. He was insanely verbally abusive." I stood up and started pacing. "And now...I can't just watch him do the same to EXO! I can't do it!"

"Amy, calm down. Okay? Now I understand. But gosh, you're a really crappy manager."

I looked at Xiumin, and stopped pacing.

"What do you want me to tell you? A lie? Because you are. But you're a really good person. This manager stuff isn't for you." Xiumin made a face. "Amy, sit down."

I walked over and sat down. "I'm just trying to help."

"And I'm not sure you are, okay?"

I ran my hand through my hair, trying to think. "I'll get Minhyuk fired again. I can do it once, so I can do it again."

"Amy, stop." Xiumin exhaled. "Let's be serious right now. About EXO. Okay?"

"Yeah, I noticed you let go of my hand."

"You noticed?"

"I also noticed that you called me your girlfriend," I acknowledged, smiling a little.

"Well, we'll talk about that later. Amy...I'm thinking..."

I looked at him, and I immediately felt my face turn into a harsh glare. "Don't."

"I'm thinking about returning to EXO."

I stood up out of frustration. "Minseok! I'm not joking around here when I say that being in EXO will literally kill you. The doctor said-"

"I know what the doctor fucking said," Xiumin said, his voice raised. "I wish you would be more supportive of me."

"Supportive? I wish you were reasonable!"

"I'm not going to be sued by SM. I'm not going to leave EXO and put them through the same pain Kris, Luhan, and Tao put us through," Xiumin said.

I grabbed my jacket, which was on the chair, and my bag. "I can't believe you," I said. "I can't be with you like this." I walked to the door, and stopped right before walking through it, hoping that Xiumin would say something to make me stay. When I only heard silence, I walked out.

I walked into the waiting room to see if any EXO members were around, but it was empty. When I turned back around to walk out, Minhyuk was standing in the doorway. My eyes widened as he approached me and covered my mouth with his hand. "I want to thank you," he said. "For helping me."

I glared at him, full of hate. I hope he realized that.

"Because of you, I've got Xiumin to stay in EXO. And I hope you realize that SM wouldn't actually sue him after two months of a break. I just made that up. Consider us even." He let go of me, and I started to walk back to Xiumin's room to tell him when Minhyuk grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. "If you go back to him to tell him what I told you, I will be EXO's worst nightmare of a manager. You thought I was bad with BTS, I'll be even worse with EXO."