31 // "It's not professional"

I laid in bed, tossing and turning. A knock on my door startled me, and I got up and walked over to open it. Xiumin stood in the doorway. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Shh," Xiumin said, pressing his finger to my lips. "Let me in."

I got out of his way and let him in, and closed my door behind him. "What.."

Xiumin immediately grabbed my face and pressed his lips against mine, and it was hot. "I missed you," he said in between kisses.

"What are you doing?" I asked, breaking away.

"I don't believe anything Kai says," Xiumin said. "I just want to be with you right now."

"Okay," I said, even though I knew this was wrong. I had morals...but I let his cold hands slip under my shirt and work on taking it off. I wore a sports bra underneath, so working out in mornings would be easier for me.

Then Xiumin gasped and grabbed his chest, falling to the floor. "Minseok!" I exclaimed, falling to his side.

His eyes were closing, and I held his hand. "I'm sorry I couldn't marry you and move to the Midwest with you," Xiumin whispered, his chest moving up one last time.

"No!" I screamed, tears falling out of my eyes. "Minseok!! You can't leave me here!" I shook his body. I checked for his pulse, and there was nothing. Xiumin was dead.

The door opened. "Please call 911!" I exclaimed.

"Too late for that," the voice said. I looked up and saw Kai approaching me. He grabbed my arm and with one large force, he threw me onto my bed and he got on top of me. "Finally he's out of the way," Kai said, his hot breath against my neck. He smirked before leaning into kiss me.

I gasped for air, shooting up in my bed. I was panting, and sweating. I rubbed my face of the sweat. It was just a dream. "Xiumin isn't dead, Xiumin is not dead," I kept repeating to myself. I realized that I had stripped off my tshirt in my sleep and that I was laying in my sports bra and booty athletic shorts. I looked at the doorway to see Kai standing there.

I screamed, and he rushed over to me and covered my mouth. I flung his arm away with mine and I rolled out of my bed to create distance between him and me. "Hey," Kai said softly, "are you okay?"

I began to wonder if my dream was being manipulated. How long was Kai in here? Did he touch me? Did he take off my shirt? No, I've done that before. But it's still a possibility.

I stopped breathing.

What if Xiumin was actually dead?

Kai stepped closer to me. I held up my hands. "Don't come any closer to me. I'll scream louder and wake up everyone on this floor."

"You sure you want the others to see you like that?" Kai asked. True, I wasn't wearing much.

"Why are you in here?!" I demanded.

"I've been staying up late to see if you would come over. I heard you gasping and stuff so I came in," Kai said. "Are you okay?"

"I was tired. I needed sleep, and you need sleep too," I said.

"Aish, such a manager thing to say," Kai said. "I'm getting annoyed. Every time I ask if you're okay, you don't answer me."

"It's because I'm not," I said. "But who really is?"

"Amelia.."

"What?" I demanded.

"Why...why would you have a dream that Xiumin died?" Kai asked. He stepped closer.

"I will scream," I said, my voice shaking, "if you come any closer. I don't care if they see me like this. I don't care. After all, I'm a slut, anyway."

"Stop avoiding my questions!" Kai exclaimed. "And by the way, Xiumin called you a slut, not me."

"You basically told him I was!" I replied.

Kai exhaled and walked over to me and grabbed my wrist. I screamed as loud as I could, until Kai put his hand over my mouth. "Come to my room," he whispered in my ear.

"Don't touch her," a voice from the doorway said. I didn't need to look past Kai's thick shoulders to know the voice belonged to Xiumin.

I exhaled, a tear rolling down my cheek. Xiumin wasn't dead. I pulled away from Kai and ran over to Xiumin, throwing my arms around his neck. He didn't hug back. "Kai, did you do this?"

"What?"

"I woke up to hear screaming and I come in to see she doesn't have a shirt on!"

"No! She took it off herself. Tell him, Amelia."

"I'm not hugging you back without you wearing a shirt," Xiumin whispered in my ear. "Let's be professional. Let go."

I let go, and put on my shirt that was lying on the floor. "I took it off in my sleep," I explained.

"Did you touch her?" Xiumin asked Kai.

"I didn't inappropriately! I don't know why she was screaming. I didn't do anything," Kai said.

Xiumin looked at me, then back at Kai. "Can you leave us alone?"

Kai exhaled. "Fine." He walked out, and Xiumin closed the door behind him. We sat down on the floor.

"What's going on?" Xiumin asked.

I sighed. "I dreamed that you died. Right there." I pointed to a spot next to him. "You came in here, and..you just collapsed, and never woke up. And the Kai came in here, throwing me on top of the bed and getting on top of me.." Tears were rolling down my cheeks. "You died, Minseok."

"And waking up to see Kai in here probably wasn't good," Xiumin said. "Everything's okay. Alright?"

I shook my head. "I just don't want you to die hating me."

"Hey," Xiumin said, scooting closer to me and pulling me close to him, keeping his arm around me. "I don't hate you. Kim J threatened me...we can't be together. You have to wait for me, okay? Someday, Amy. Someday."

"You should have told me," I said.

"Kai is reporting back to Kim J. I had to do and say what I did," Xiumin said. "But it made me really mad to see Kai kissing you."

I turned to Xiumin, grabbing his hand with mine. "You need to leave Exo."

Xiumin sighed through his nose, closing his eyes. "I'm not going to."

"What?" I asked.

"I need to stay here."

"Who are you?!" I asked, standing up. Xiumin stood up too. "That's not what you told me in America!"

"I know. It's just really tricky to leave. I have to plan it right."

"I can't...I can't watch you kill yourself!" I exclaimed. "No..I can't! I can't watch you faint more than once a day. I can't watch how I'm doing nothing to help you, I'm only killing you!"

"Amy, calm down," Xiumin said, holding my hand.

I ripped my hand away from his grasp. "Don't call me that. And get out. It's not professional."