53 // "If I were you, I would do everything I tell you"

I woke up the next day, early. I got around quickly and ate breakfast. Everything felt so routine and normal, as if I had never stopped being here. I walked to my office that I had moved back into. I was working on emails when someone walked in.

I looked up from my work, and saw Minhyuk. "Get out," I said.

"You came back at a good time," Minhyuk said. "We're about to go on nonstop touring. Gotta love SM for allowing us to give them killer schedules."

I looked at him. "Touring?"

"Exo'luxion, you idiot." He sat down, glaring at me. "I know why you're here. You're here to get me fired. Well, guess what?"

I didn't look up. I tried to ignore him.

He leaned in. "I just signed a contract for a year to work here. Kim J said I have to work here a year. I doubt you'll last that long. I won't be going anywhere."

Well shit.

"And remember our deal? Because of you telling Xiumin."

I still tried to keep ignoring him. I didn't want to think about him physically hurting any of the EXO boys.

"You know what I think?"

Stay strong, Amelia. Don't give him any attention...

"I think you're going to end up with me instead of Xiumin."

I slammed my fists on my desk and stood up, abruptly. Minhyuk jumped in surprise, but had a smile forming. "Get out. I need you to get out of here."

"I knew that would get you talking." He stood up. "But you have to leave here too. We have to go watch their practice."

"Well, I'm not walking with you there, so you leave first," I said.

"Too late," he said, walking over to me, grabbing my wrist, and pulling me out of the office with him. He had a strong grip and I couldn't pull back without it feeling like he would pull my arm out of its socket. "Look normal," he whispered to me as he loosened his grip as we walked together in the hallway. "Wouldn't want you to get fired on your first day." He slightly bowed to Kim J as we walked by him. "Good morning, sir."

"Good morning. Good to see you two already working together."

Minhyuk chuckled beside me. I hated him even more for that. We walked into the practice room, that seemed so familiar. They were all standing around, talking to each other.

"Wow," Minhyuk said. "Doesn't look like you're practicing."

"We start at 9:00," Kai said, his eyes narrowing as he stared coldly at Minhyuk. "It's 8:58."

Minhyuk stared at him back. "I don't care. You're all here, wasting your time. Amelia, write down cardio. What a great way to start this Tuesday morning!"

I just stood there.

Minhyuk looked back at me. "Amelia."

"I don't think that's necessary," I said. "Kai was right."

Minhyuk walked over to me angrily, and I stopped breathing. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the corner of the room. "Listen," he whispered, "I know about Kim J's deal with you about Xiumin. I won't hesitate to report back to him letting him know that you're a crappy manager so that he can either bring back Xiumin or sue him. If I were you, I would do everything I tell you. Do you understand?"

I slowly nodded.

"Now write down cardio," he said, his voice back to normal volume as he walked away from me. I looked down at my arm and saw that it was red from him forcefully holding it. I didn't dare look at any of the members as I walked over to the bench and picked up my notebook and wrote down cardio.

I hated myself.

At the end of the dance practice, where they were also singing, I made sure to speak up before Minhyuk had a chance to. "Guys, that was really good," I said. "You've improved a lot since I've been here."

"That," Minhyuk said, ignoring what I said, "was a disaster. Baekhyun, how did you even get into this band? I don't think I've ever heard you not sing flat. It hurts my ears. Chanyeol, you are the worst dancer I've ever seen. Everyone else...good Lord, go again. Amelia, write down singing practices for Baekhyun and extra dance practices for Chanyeol. That's a start, at least. We're going to fix this."

Baekhyun looked salty. "My voice isn't warmed up, okay? It's 9am."

"So instead of standing around before 9, you should have warmed up," Minhyuk said. "I'm very disappointed. We have a lot of work to do this week. Your fans don't deserve a shit show - they're paying a lot of money to see you."

I bit my lip. Was I really going to have to deal with this every day for a year?

Minhyuk looked at me. "Did you write down what I told you?"

"Yeah," I lied.

Minhyuk walked over to me, and I clenched my pen. He looked over my shoulder. He then flipped my notebook out of my hand and shoved me, my body hitting the wall as he leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Remember when I hit you? I'm not afraid to do it again. I'm going to Kim J during lunch hour." He raised his voice again as he walked away. "Write it down!"

I walked over and picked up my notebook off of the floor, still not having any eye contact with the boys. I tried writing while standing, but realized that my hand was shaking too much. I walked over to the bench as Minhyuk spoke to the members. I sat down, and focused on writing to make it not look like my hand was shaking. I would not be a victim.

Finally, it was lunch hour. When Minhyuk announced they were free to go, Kai and Chanyeol quickly walked over to me. Kai grabbed my wrist, but not as forcefully as Minhyuk, of course, and they speed walked me down to the cafeteria. When we got there, they made me sit down across from them. "Now we know exactly what we're dealing with," Kai began. "Listen to me carefully: write everything down. Anything Minhyuk tells you. Don't hesitate. Just do it."